Vintage Refret in the North?

What's Hot
I have an old es-345 that needs a refret. Can anyone recommend someone in the North of England who would be able to handle refreting a vintage Gibson without tearing up the board. The nibs are still present on the higher frets.

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I would speak to KGB in Birkenhead. Great service with years of experience.

http://www.kgb-music.co.uk/moving.htm
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14413
    tFB Trader
    @SteveRobinson ; - as it happens he did an old 345 for me last year
  • @SteveRobinson - not on your doorstep - but seen a vintage 345 he refretted. It was a superb job.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Paul Richardson in Durham is your man.  I'll be taking all my guitars to him when the time comes for stainless steel re-frets.  His attention to detail is fabulous, look after your guitar superbly and he will preserve the nibs.

Highly, highly recommended.

http://www.prguitars.co.uk/
    tFB Trader
    @SteveRobinson - not on your doorstep - but seen a vintage 345 he refretted. It was a superb job.
    I bet that was mine wasn't it Richard

I suggested the buyer of your old 335 go to Steve as well
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited September 2018
    I've heard the String Surgeon heartily recommended by a customer at Richtone Music, and I've also heard good things about Manchester Guitar Tech. I'm in North Staffs and need some work doing on a couple of vintage pieces, including a hairline crack on a Gibson Grabber headstock.. My intention was to go to the String Surgeon or Manchester Guitar Tech
    Call me Dave.
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:
    I've heard the String Surgeon heartily recommended by a customer at Richtone Music, and I've also heard good things about Manchester Guitar Tech. I'm in North Staffs and need some work doing on a couple of vintage pieces, including a hairline crack on a Gibson Grabber headstock.. My intention was to go to the String Surgeon or Manchester Guitar Tech
    again Steve at Manchester Guitar Tech for your hairline crack - my 345 had an old repair that was sound but looked 'shit' - Steve sorted it all out
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    Cheers Mark. I noticed on one of his case histories that he'd done great things with a Grabber
    Call me Dave.