Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wolf Alice win Mercury Prize

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Had a listen - a little bit depressing. Great that they're doing what they're doing but it's not for me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited September 2018
    octatonic said:
    I've tried liking them but they just sound like a Sonic Youth meets The Breeders mash up.
    I can't see anything to complain about from that description. 

I loved their debut, but felt a bit let down by this one - however, I'm one of those people for whom it takes a good 5 - 10 listens to truly get into an album, and for it to 'click'. So I'll go back to it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • I was rooting for Nadine Shah as she's from the same little village as me and went to the same school as me. My wife was good friends with her back in the day. (Beat that for shit, tenuous celebrity-related factoid of the day, I dare ya!)

Still, glad that Wolf Alice won over tired old acts like Noel (f**king) Gallagher.
    One of my favourite post-Mercury tweets came from a chap complaining that Noel was on the shortlist as apparently the Mercury Prize always represents the best of cutting edge modern music. I'm not sure the young 20-something chap had ever heard of M People. 

As for the awards... who gives a fuck? One bunch of people say an album is better than anything else. Yawn.