Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New YouTube channel *burst update!!

What's Hot

Comments

• amp? effects?
    Good point, will add. It was a Two Rock Gain Master 35 head into a 15” Custom open backed cab. Only effect was a zcat tremolo.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    Really really great video and song! Playing was superb by everyone involved and you've got a great voice! 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430
    I was just playing (and enjoying) your vid when the missus said "Who's that singing? I really like that".

A rare endorsement indeed and something I only aspire to in my wildest dreams  D 
  • @jimmyguitar the main thing that helps build yt channels is regular content. 

The internet is insatiable! That first vid will leave people thirsty for more, and a month between uploads is a very long time. My tuppence worth. 
    Thanks, you have a valid point there. The only issue is that it costs a fair whack to do it so the plan is to shoot 4 songs on the day and spread the releases over the following 4 months. Unfortunately the first shoot took a while to set up so we only ended up with 2 songs! Next time we’ll set up quicker and get more content.
    Yeah, totally understand that. Could be worth releasing them quicker when you first start, as people will watch that awesome first one and be clicking into your channel to see what else you've done. Once you have a back catalogue people will be able to go digging. 

You could even do a lower budget "quick look" at the gear, or outtakes videos, behind the scenes stuff... anything that fleshes out the channel and makes use of the same filming slot. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Aaaaaand subscribed
  • This was great - nice work
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 492
    edited September 2018
    Great work & really nice idea. What a lot of us think of after the initial wow is the comparison with cheaper guitars. Ie how about playing the same with a squire for example. Have you considered that? The true test no?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Rare to find someone enter the YouTube thing with such high quality content from the off, hope it does well, I’ve certainly subscribed.
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    very nice!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Wow, that was amazing !
  • That's a very good song. Great stuff and a lovely instrument.
  • KitsuneKitsune Frets: 292
    I might have a watch when I get home. I'm only recently starting to watch youtube content like this. Before, I just used it for live band footage or rare dodgy horror films.
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    That was excellent.  Looking forward to more videos.  Will they be of similar musical style, or do you do all sorts? 
  • Nice voice
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    Forgot to say, I've subscribed too!  ;)
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • onyironyir Frets: 45
    Very nice indeed! Subscribed
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    Subscribed!

I'm with @Legionreturns too - try to shoot some extra stuff on shooting days just so you can put other short clips up inbetween the main song ones, to maintain interest.  A mix of out-takes, setup shots, even talking head stuff about why you're doing it, who you're working with, possible teasers on future guitars etc.

Apart from an epic amount of networking and the advantage of youth and beauty, I suspect a certain Ms Spender did so well because of the weekly content (ditto all of the big regulars I can think of - Frog Leap, Andertons etc.).  It's not just good content, it's frequent content too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Excellent on every level!

You and the band deserve success. Best wishes with your band and your channel.

Oh, subbed!
  • OnparOnpar Frets: 416
    Stunningly tasteful playing dude.
    Fantastic voice.
    Slick video.
    ....and oh my, that Tele.

You have another subscriber here!
  • Wow, what a great reaction! Thanks everyone. All comments and suggestions taken on board, more content on the way!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom