SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Tele partscaster WITHDRAWN change of plan

jimboflojojimboflojo Frets: 122
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Decided to put this up for sale as thinking of picking up a little THR practice amp. 

This has a squier affinity body and a harley benton TE80 neck (the prince copy) which is very similar to the affinity neck it had before except the frets are a bit bigger/taller and the width at nut is 42mm more or less. It's a 2 piece maple neck/board and on the slimmer side. The neck had a tinted finish which has mostly been removed as it was quite sticky, thete are remnants of it on fretboard but you cant feel it- whole neck has been sanded and polished with micro mesh pads and feels really smooth. It's got a bone nut, vintage style tuners with conversion bushings and frets have been levelled and dressed. Plays really nicely. 

Original toploader bridge but have changed the saddles for steel ones.
Has the original 250k pots but have fitted a 4 way switch and iron gear steel foundry pickups. 
Bit of a chip in finish around neck pocket and a dent/gouge in wood around the new metal jack plate- it fell and the original plastic one cracked.
Nice tele though, plays and sounds great and feels quite light.
Looking for £130- can post for a tenner. 
I'm in SE London

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump. I also have a tortoise shell scratchplate for it I can include..oooohhhhhh
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Price drop £110
    Bump for a really nice guitar. If you were thinking of getting an affinity might be worth looking at this first
  • Bump
  • 100 anybody?
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    100 anybody?
    I do have a friend that's after a budget Tele. It's just a little concerning how very high the saddles and bridge pickup seem to be ... Everything OK with the action? 
  • 100 anybody?
    I do have a friend that's after a budget Tele. It's just a little concerning how very high the saddles and bridge pickup seem to be ... Everything OK with the action? 
    Hey mate the action is quite low. I'll try and put a photo on here. The saddles are raised high and probably won't go much higher without longer threads so glad you pointed that out actually as you couldn't have a high action if that was a preference. Probably not without fitting a neck shim maybe?
  • there u go pics of string height. It's about 1.5mm on low e at 12th fret. Could be raised/lowered a bit more. Strung with rotosound .11s. As it's a toploader it's probably a good thing that saddles aren't set too low.