Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Show us the bottom of your pedalboard.

What's Hot

Comments

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 549
    edited September 2018
    Ok, Here's my bottom 

12 into 8 does go with the use of 4 doublers carefully done so two pedals into one output are very rarely on together.
    The box, top left underneath is a Pure Tone buffer which provides brilliant clarity.
    Not too worried how it looks underneath but will tidy up one day

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Gagaryn said:
    Here is mine, took longer than I imagined it would, about an hour I think, at least all is secure. 
    I'll be moving to a bigger board this week, and this is the standard I'll be aiming for

The mess I had above was starting to become unreliable, too much wiggle room

Excellent work here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33804
    www.pedalboardperineum.com
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Gagaryn said:
    Gagaryn said:
    Here is mine, took longer than I imagined it would, about an hour I think, at least all is secure. 
    Oh my, that is a nice collection. Which button toppers are those?
    All but the one on the Golden Eagle are these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-Footswitch-Topper-aluminium-alloy-Bumpers-Protector-For-Guitar-Effect-PedMA/142782733360?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=441788680513&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Cheapest I could find! Arrived from China in a week for a whopping £1.19 each including 10p for postage. :-)
    Not bad! I'll have to have a look at those. 
    I stumbled across some on Andertons recently: Dunno what they're made of, plastic or rubber I guess.

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    skunkwerx said:
    Gagaryn said:
    Gagaryn said:
    Oh my, that is a nice collection. Which button toppers are those?
    All but the one on the Golden Eagle are these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-Footswitch-Topper-aluminium-alloy-Bumpers-Protector-For-Guitar-Effect-PedMA/142782733360?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&var=441788680513&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Cheapest I could find! Arrived from China in a week for a whopping £1.19 each including 10p for postage. :-)
    Not bad! I'll have to have a look at those. 
    I stumbled across some on Andertons recently: Dunno what they're made of, plastic or rubber I guess.

I've got the Mooer ones, they're plastic and they fit well. Can't go wrong I reckon. Might be able to get free postage if you have Amazon Prime
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    If I showed you my bottom, you'd all be sick.

Cables everywhere, cheap power supply hanging from the underside like some kind of freakish spider. On my second board (let's call it 'Board B'), the bottom is nice and clean, because it's a metal case. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    Tis a funny day to see this thread, I'm actually in the middle of re-wiring a new board.. 

I'll post later once complete, though I'm gonna need to go buy cable ties. 

Also waiting on getting some more longer dc power cables so I can actually make it tidy and keep all the wires separate. 

But this is where I'm at....

Though I'm re-wiring with EBS leads.. 
    Look at this shit lol: 

Must've been a Friday job. 
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3991
    I bought a pedaltrain classic pro off ebay in the middle of february and still haven't got round to actually putting any pedals on it, or even deciding which are the pedals that are going to go on it. I did however put velcro* on it on Sunday so that's progress.  

*The previous owner had PUT THE WRONG SIDE OF THE VELCRO ON THE BOARD can you believe it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    I bought a pedaltrain classic pro off ebay in the middle of february and still haven't got round to actually putting any pedals on it, or even deciding which are the pedals that are going to go on it. I did however put velcro* on it on Sunday so that's progress.  

*The previous owner had PUT THE WRONG SIDE OF THE VELCRO ON THE BOARD can you believe it.
    Yeah that's what I've got, and an ES-8. I'm going in properly

I'm going to be daisy chaining my dirt pedals (there's 7 in total), will be a challenge to keep it tidy I think but it really has to be on a big complex board

Well I got this far.. 

The underside's a mess, and I need to order a couple new guitar cables and implement them instead of the tweed jobbies, and tidy up the footswitch.. and replace the power cables for right angle to right angle ones.. 

But my backs had enough for today. 

I way overkilled it with the pedaltrain size, so thought i'd keep the zuma up top until I need the real estate back. 

skunkwerx said:

Well I got this far.. 

The underside's a mess, and I need to order a couple new guitar cables and implement them instead of the tweed jobbies, and tidy up the footswitch.. and replace the power cables for right angle to right angle ones.. 

I way overkilled it with the pedaltrain size, so thought i'd keep the zuma up top until I need the real estate back. 

Some serious dirt on there mate. What sort of music are you making?
    roberty said:
    skunkwerx said:

Well I got this far.. 

Its moreso noise! Haha. 

I like crystal cleans, or high gain I've discovered.. no middle ground! 

I actually sold the russian muff to a member here only months ago.. then saw one cheap and here we go again.. you know what happens! 

I may try the full metal muff, see if its eq is any good. I like the pocket one, but its a bit, boxy.. 

Then again if I ever upgrade the amp to one with an FX loop, the last 3 pedals can go in there so I can use amp distortion with them, which would render the metal muff a little redundant. 

In general though, the green and orange muffs I use for fuzzy type rock stuff, or the russian muff for any lower gain type songs. 

The metal muff or amp distortion for pretty much the majority of tracks I play, usually metal.. Metallica, Rammstein, Pantera, HIM etc. 

Basically whatever track I'm playing I'll just use a lot more gain than the recording haha. 

The octave is in there for the CKY songs, again I use it with amp distortion mainly, though it can be used with the muffs but sometimes feel like it gets too boomy for the speaker lol. 

Tbh, I really don't need any of it except the tuner and the oc-3 to play what I play.. 

The pumpkin pi is a nice change from the usual distortion, so maybe that too.

The delay, reverb and chorus I just use here and there 90% of the time on cleans.. Either noodling or learning clean stuff. 

Its pretty dumb when I think about it.. 
    skunkwerx said:
    roberty said:
    skunkwerx said:

Well I got this far.. 

Its moreso noise! Haha. 

I like crystal cleans, or high gain I've discovered.. no middle ground! 

I actually sold the russian muff to a member here only months ago.. then saw one cheap and here we go again.. you know what happens! 

I may try the full metal muff, see if its eq is any good. I like the pocket one, but its a bit, boxy.. 

Then again if I ever upgrade the amp to one with an FX loop, the last 3 pedals can go in there so I can use amp distortion with them, which would render the metal muff a little redundant. 

In general though, the green and orange muffs I use for fuzzy type rock stuff, or the russian muff for any lower gain type songs. 

The metal muff or amp distortion for pretty much the majority of tracks I play, usually metal.. Metallica, Rammstein, Pantera, HIM etc. 

Basically whatever track I'm playing I'll just use a lot more gain than the recording haha. 

The octave is in there for the CKY songs, again I use it with amp distortion mainly, though it can be used with the muffs but sometimes feel like it gets too boomy for the speaker lol. 

Tbh, I really don't need any of it except the tuner and the oc-3 to play what I play.. 

The pumpkin pi is a nice change from the usual distortion, so maybe that too.

The delay, reverb and chorus I just use here and there 90% of the time on cleans.. Either noodling or learning clean stuff. 

Its pretty dumb when I think about it.. 
    Cool yeh the muff variants are very "all or nothing" :)
    Remind me never to do this again! Cable management is not something that comes naturally to me. Hopefully it will hold for a while

And the top

1reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    roberty said:
    Remind me never to do this again! Cable management is not something that comes naturally to me. Hopefully it will hold for a while

And the top

Damn man thats a shit tonne of cabling! 

I'm just awaiting some of those cable tie conduits then I'm gonna have a bash lol!
    skunkwerx said:
    roberty said:

And the top

I'm just awaiting some of those cable tie conduits then I'm gonna have a bash lol!
    Honestly mate it nearly brought me to tears. Just writing my patches now, getting some great new sounds with parallel dirt and midi switching on the whammy is life changing . So I'm glad I went through the pain of it lol
    roberty said:
    skunkwerx said:
    roberty said:

And the top

Honestly mate it nearly brought me to tears. Just writing my patches now, getting some great new sounds with parallel dirt and midi switching on the whammy is life changing . So I'm glad I went through the pain of it lol
    Haha I can imagine! It is a good feeling though having it all neat and wired. 

edited August 2019
    This is so dumb.. 

I've 'finished' it even though I know soon I have some longer power cables arriving and will add or change a couple pedals in the coming months.. how silly. 

Still, bit better than before....
    Tried to keep all the power cables away from the patch and guitar cables.. not that I noticed any interference before anyway, but figured it can't hurt...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fatladatthebackfatladattheback Frets: 0
    edited December 2021