Manchester Guitar Show - Sunday 21st October

What's Hot

Comments

• ‘‘Twas a pleasure to meet @guitars4you, @richardhomer, @CasperCaster and @CountryDave today. Enjoyed our chats. 

Was thinking of dropping some cash on a Dobro I saw, looked great but JESUS it weighed as much as my 9 year old daughter. Are they all mega heavy or what ?!  :o

Anyways, it was nice to put faces to usernames, enjoy the Thompson gig tonight Richard 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited October 2018
    Yes, it was decent, I thought. Good to see @guitars4you again and to meet @CasperCaster and @CountryDave too - I hope I've remembered your usernames correctly, as I had the 100 yard stare at the time. All I remember is that you seemed a lovely couple of chaps, and similarly GAS-affected. :-)

Big thanks to Mark @guitars4you for the introduction to Ben re: the R9. That was over and above the call of duty and I owe you a drink if that works out OK. I like that Byrdland!

Call me Dave.
  • Another good show experience made better by @guitars4you introductions to @fendergibson and @DB1.
    Managed to get away without spending much more than a tenner.
    Plus had a great chinwag with @CasperCaster too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14303
    tFB Trader
    ‘‘Twas a pleasure to meet @guitars4you, @richardhomer, @CasperCaster and @CountryDave today. Enjoyed our chats. 

Was thinking of dropping some cash on a Dobro I saw, looked great but JESUS it weighed as much as my 9 year old daughter. Are they all mega heavy or what ?!  :o

Anyways, it was nice to put faces to usernames, enjoy the Thompson gig tonight Richard 
    always heavy are such guitars - I don't know how to play such a guitar properly, but it they work and sound good in the right hands

Yes good to see a few FB members yesterday - thanks for the chat etc and see you all another day
  • Loved playing that 52 Goldtop. Made my day. 
    tFB Trader
    Loved playing that 52 Goldtop. Made my day. 
    nice wasn't it - I had a 2 min tour of it before the show kicked off - found the neck to be not as big as I feared or expected - And a working tool with that changed tail piece - Original in the case - Good to see the aged finish etc on a real one as against the R9 based replicas - Nice guy as well is Ben - Not for sale I believe
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited October 2018
    Loved playing that 52 Goldtop. Made my day. 
    nice wasn't it - I had a 2 min tour of it before the show kicked off - found the neck to be not as big as I feared or expected - And a working tool with that changed tail piece - Original in the case - Good to see the aged finish etc on a real one as against the R9 based replicas - Nice guy as well is Ben - Not for sale I believe
    Couldn't agree more Mark.

Joe Glazer replacement tailpiece, with as you say the original in the case. 

Talking with Ben, I got the distinct impression that this is his go to guitar..I can see why. It's a cracker. 

I meant to introduce myself to your good self, but you seemed pretty busy with customers most of the time we were there, I'll catch you next time..Liverpool perhaps? 
    tFB Trader

I meant to introduce myself to your good self, but you seemed pretty busy with customers most of the time we were there, I'll catch you next time..Liverpool perhaps? 
    Do that - When I saw your post I was thinking did I chat and not know who you are etc

I did have a steady flow most of the day and at different times 2/3 other FB guys having a chat

ref the Joe Glazer - I did not know of that model - I've often suggested Mojo Axe for similar and for wrap over bridge/tailpiece like on an LP Junior etc

• Image result for joe glazer tailpieces

Here's one on Keith Urban's
    tFB Trader
    looks pretty similar to the Mojo Axe (above) so any difference will be down to the tone - If any - Either way it makes it practical and useable
  • photo 20181021_135642_zpsnrn3rhbujpg

photo 20181021_134919_zpswikfustfjpg

photo 20181021_135114_zpscpac7uh1jpg

Photos by the missus, and by express permission of it's owner Mr Ben Morgan of The Gear Garage ( https://www.thegeargarage.co.uk) . Nice geezer, check him out at Liverpool Gents, always brings some tasty vintage gear. 

tFB Trader
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  - I know @miserneil and others talked about this LP at the recent Northants Guitar Show - Sadly Ben won't be at Kempton Show as away but will be at the Thirsk show on 4th Nov
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6840
    tFB Trader
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^  - I know @miserneil and others talked about this LP at the recent Northants Guitar Show - Sadly Ben won't be at Kempton Show as away but will be at the Thirsk show on 4th Nov
    Tis a beauty that one, it was goading me all day at Northampton. I think the Glazer bridge is a lot nicer looking than the Mojoaxe, that's a bit of a lump visually for me.

Sorry I missed you @ourmaninthenorth, hope you are both doing ok, chances are I may book a table at Liverpool though... :)

( I want an OurMan Outstretched Arm pose with one of mine - that's when you know you've made it! ;)
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    Tis a beauty that one, it was goading me all day at Northampton. I think the Glazer bridge is a lot nicer looking than the Mojoaxe, that's a bit of a lump visually for me.

Sorry I missed you @ourmaninthenorth, hope you are both doing ok, chances are I may book a table at Liverpool though... :)

( I want an OurMan Outstretched Arm pose with one of mine - that's when you know you've made it! ;)
    same contact as Kempton if you need any help Neil - ie Pete or Gail - I'm on the ground floor so you may well have to beg/plead to get there as otherwise 1st or 2nd floor

Do you know where you are at Kempton yet - Ground or 1st floor
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited October 2018
    miserneil said:

Sorry I missed you @ourmaninthenorth, hope you are both doing ok, chances are I may book a table at Liverpool though...

( I want an OurMan Outstretched Arm pose with one of mine - that's when you know you've made it!
    We're doing ok Neil, chemo week for Audrey..so thought I'd get some Nitro up her nose to ward off those side effects.

Trademark outstretched arm? Any of yours, anytime mate. That battleship 57 Special can hold it's own in any company.

Here's Audrey letting cancer know she doesn't rate it, she sends you her best mate....

photo 20181009_161624_zpsqtakbkd9jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @ourmaninthenorth Great to hear Paul, if there’s anyone who’ll kick it into touch, it’s Audrey! My bestest wishes back to her too! X
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    guitars4you said:

same contact as Kempton if you need any help Neil - ie Pete or Gail - I'm on the ground floor so you may well have to beg/plead to get there as otherwise 1st or 2nd floor

Thanks Mark, much appreciated, no idea on Kempton, is that allocated before the show or on the day for us one table guys, do you know? 
    (formerly miserneil)
    tFB Trader
    miserneil said:
    guitars4you said:

Thanks Mark, much appreciated, no idea on Kempton, is that allocated before the show or on the day for us one table guys, do you know? 
    it will be allocated now I dare say but you'll get you table number when you check in at arrival at Kempton - which door to load in etc etc
    tFB Trader

We're doing ok Neil, chemo week for Audrey..so thought I'd get some Nitro up her nose to ward off those side effects.

Trademark outstretched arm? Any of yours, anytime mate. That battleship 57 Special can hold it's own in any company.

Here's Audrey letting cancer know she doesn't rate it, she sends you her best mate....

sounds like she is a fighter - Hope all goes well - Very best wishes - Mark

• We're doing ok Neil, chemo week for Audrey..so thought I'd get some Nitro up her nose to ward off those side effects.

sounds like she is a fighter - Hope all goes well - Very best wishes - Mark
    Looks like she’s a fighter too, totally cool, I’m in awe of this pic so had to comment - bestest of best wishes to you  <3