SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD FS/FT MIJ Fender Pawn Shop 51 – now £370 firm

What's Hot
barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
In an effort to make myself keep this – because I really, really like the neck – I recently had some work done to it. Tweaks to note:

– Instead of the stock wiring (three-way rotary selector and volume) it has volume and tone for the neck pickup only – which is now a Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Flat rather than the original Texas Special. The Texas Special will be included.
– The Enforcer humbucker, which I hated, is gone. (Note that the cover that I MacGyvered for the cavity isn't glued into the pickup ring; it can be popped out and the ring reused.)
– The nut has been fettled.
– The plain white guard has been replaced with a three-ply parchment number. The original guard will be included.
– The Telecaster-style metal knobs have been replaced by Strat knobs but will be included.
– It has new Seymour Duncan-branded Bourns pots and an Orange Drop cap.
– The original chromed saddles have been replaced by traditional Fender bent steel ones but will be included.
– PureTone jack.
– Cavities have been screened.

It's far better for the changes – plays better, unsurprisingly, and does lovely cleans – but it's still not my Strat and is only likely to get used when I'm putting off changing strings…

It's unmarked and will come in a gig bag (not a Fender one, as these weren't sold with bags).

£370, please, or something fun with money your way or mine if necessary. Criteria for trades are:

– Good build and condition (not after a project).
– Ideally under 8lb.
– No Floyd or Bigsby.
– No V-shape or shred necks.
– No acoustic guitars, but quality tenor ukes are of interest.

I'm based in Bedfordshire and depending on your location would prefer to deliver or meet halfway than post – but posting is an option.

Edit: I had a question about the frets; they're as new. I don't have the original rotary switch, but it could be replaced for under a tenner – or you could drill the control plate for a mini toggle switch, which was a common mod on the earlier Squier 51s. Oh, and the weight is 7.5lb.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Beauty. What's the body wood?
    Thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Tis an alder body.
  • A lot of guitar and parts for the cash - GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    Do you still have the enforcer?
  • No, sorry - that ended up in a mate's guitar.
  • steersteer Frets: 1189
    Damn - I've been looking for a butterscotch one of these for a while. 
  • steer said:
    Damn - I've been looking for a butterscotch one of these for a while. 
    There's one on ebay - the squier version
  • Up to the top and down to £400 firm, to help anybody who might want to replace the bridge pickup or perform some other surgery.
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 630
    £370 firm if you like; I’ll leave it here for the rest of the week and if it doesn’t tickle anyone’s fancy I’ll start thinking about how to give it a more radical makeover so that it feels different enough to earn its keep.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11917
    a great guitar
    the neck on my mine is also lovely
    the enforcer was awful, I put in a Joe Barden 2 tone
    also a 3 way gibson-style selector between the 2 pots, which are now vol and tone
    neck is a kinman

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    My local Fender stockist has a NOS example of this model. Years after it was discontinued, I am still holding out for a price drop. 

IMO, a fundamentally good guitar design spoiled by a crude humbucker and dumb control circuitry.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    How about a swap for a fun furry amp? :-)
    That's my favourite of all the builds you've posted on here, but as a longtime combo user I am cabless, and I'm pretty happy as far as amps go in any case. Thanks very much for the offer, though.

For anyone who doesn't know what 4114Effects is talking about, here it is in all its furry glory:

Last bump before this turns into a Making & Modding thread.