Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Back up for your tube amp -

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm tempted to have a go with one of those Atomic Ampli-Firebox thingamajigs as they look capable of potentially replacing a large chunk of a rig. Would no doubt sound better going straight into a PA than the little preamp pedals like the Mooer and Joyo ones.

Anyone here tried one?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    I use a gsp1101 so does to amp and to pa.
  • Used to carry an old pod V2 in the gig bag when I used valve amps - sounded good enough through the PA to be a good backup.

If you do use such a thing take a few moments at rehearsal or soundcheck to get it dialled in though. It's quite stressful switching rigs after an amp has gone boom
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Since getting my new head this same subject for me thinking too. I've come to the conclusion that I'll be converting my combo amp to a head too which will sit on top of my existing head. I love them both so happily switch over if one goes down. As an absolute fail safe I also have a joyo american pedal which is great to use before a PA etc. So I'll be covered there . No what happens if my guitar breaks ..... oh oh this is starting to get expensive LOL
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 231
    I now take my amp or helix but not both so have a Digitech bad monkey in my bag. Actually sounds ok into the desk and good enough to get through a gig