eBay Content: Rickenbacker Project

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
edited September 2018 in Guitar

This is the project guitar @guitars4you mentioned, @ICBM.

However (since Sunday), it's now missing it's machineheads, truss rod cover and a few other bits and bobs.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72668

This is the project guitar @guitars4you mentioned, @ICBM.

However (since Sunday), it's now missing it's machineheads, truss rod cover and a few other bits and bobs.
    Has he sold those separately? That’s a nuisance, the truss rod cover especially...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It was up for £700 (with the parts mentioned) at the show, IIRC...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14413
    tFB Trader
    I bet if you contacted him he would do a deal with tuners and truss rod cover -  I fancied it as a restoration project but a) not at that starting price and b) to much on the go at the moment so would still be on my bench in 12 months time

Somehow cool and interesting 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16793
    So the seller either has another ric project that needed the parts (best case), or they will be selling a fakenbacker very soon.

dont you need to send the original TRC back to stand any chance of getting a genuine replacement?
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    So the seller either has another ric project that needed the parts (best case), or they will be selling a fakenbacker very soon.

dont you need to send the original TRC back to stand any chance of getting a genuine replacement?
    Knowing the seller my guess is he is just raiding for parts and will list them separately in due course - Don't think you'll see a fakenbacker 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • There is a nice Greco Ricky copy going cheap on eBay. 
    tFB Trader
    it was hard trying to work out what had gone on before around the neck/body join area (just Imagine it had a 4 bolt neck plate and you'll see where I mean) - plugged holes/old repair etc