Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

eBay Content: Cheap at twice the price...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3581
    lewism said:
    Gibson do have the shipping ledgers for that era and mods like that would be listed against the serial number, but at that price I’d be wanting to see the ledger in person and meet the guy who signed it off! As an aside, I’m amazed that Gibson haven’t tried to make money from those ledgers. Apparently they used to send you a scan if you enquiries but I’ve read that they don’t really do that anymore. I’ve got a couple of old Gibsons and would happily pay for a good quality scan of their shipping ledger pages from Gibson. There must be loads of other people who would also pay for that for their guitars.
    That would be wide open to abuse in the fake market, ''its not a fake guvnor, honest, look , I have the shipping ledger''.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BTW, I saw this guitar last weekend on Justin Harrison's stand at the Veendaal Guitar Show. 
    For once and for all, can someone please tell me how these people (who have been widely discredited/convicted, and whose names are inextricably linked with nefarious goings-on) are actually still in business and/or have any credibility in the vintage guitar/gear market? It totally baffles me.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • lewismlewism Frets: 250
    robgilmo said:
    lewism said:
    Gibson do have the shipping ledgers for that era and mods like that would be listed against the serial number, but at that price I’d be wanting to see the ledger in person and meet the guy who signed it off! As an aside, I’m amazed that Gibson haven’t tried to make money from those ledgers. Apparently they used to send you a scan if you enquiries but I’ve read that they don’t really do that anymore. I’ve got a couple of old Gibsons and would happily pay for a good quality scan of their shipping ledger pages from Gibson. There must be loads of other people who would also pay for that for their guitars.
    That would be wide open to abuse in the fake market, ''its not a fake guvnor, honest, look , I have the shipping ledger''.
    A fair point and, given that the name Harrison has been used a couple of times in this thread, it’s a real risk (I say that as someone who bought their first Marshall from Musicground in Doncaster 25 years ago - fortunately, at that time, it wasn’t a hugely desirable model and seems to be kosher).

Given what’s been mentioned above about the current owners of this guitar it’s gone from “possibly interesting oddity” to “137 krugerrand note”.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • As stated above, its being sold by convicted thieves and would famous forgers of vintage guitars and amps Justin/Rick Harrison of Music Ground...that’s the beginning and end of this guitar imo. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72605
    As stated above, its being sold by convicted thieves and would famous forgers of vintage guitars and amps Justin/Rick Harrison of Music Ground...that’s the beginning and end of this guitar imo. 
    Having just examined a ‘rare specially made’ Strat for a friend of mine which came from them some years ago and which proved to be a mishmash of recycled parts and badly disguised forgery - and this being far from the first time - it’s impossible to disagree with that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    BTW, I saw this guitar last weekend on Justin Harrison's stand at the Veendaal Guitar Show. I didn't pay much attention to it TBH so didn't get to look at it closely.

That is a seriously scary piece of information. 
  • jumping@shadowsjumping@shadows Frets: 1277
    edited September 2018
    ICBM said:
    As stated above, its being sold by convicted thieves and would famous forgers of vintage guitars and amps Justin/Rick Harrison of Music Ground...that’s the beginning and end of this guitar imo. 
    Having just examined a ‘rare specially made’ Strat for a friend of mine which came from them some years ago and which proved to be a mishmash of recycled parts and badly disguised forgery - and this being far from the first time - it’s impossible to disagree with that.
    Can’t argue that it’s a ‘rare, specially made’ Strat then huh?..

I used to pop into the Denmark St shops on occasion to spot all the red flags on the guitars in the display cabinets- refins, renecks, repro plastics/hardware..
    They’re touting a toe curlingly blatant reneck ‘60 Burst at the moment as all original, which is a shame as the body is very legit- at least mine has all the original wood! 
  • I wonder if Rick Harrison got married and now goes by the name Rick Zsigmond? Maybe he met that someone special whilst he was in prison.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    gringopig said:
    Personally I'm holding out for this:

Wow, a guitar with monkeypox.