Boss Katana Air - Any good?

Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 409
Thinking of grabbing one of these for the man cave, when I can't be bothered going out to my guitar shed...which is most of the time!

Anyone got good/bad things to say about them? Any cheaper/better alternatives?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• They are quite pricey when you consider the Kana Head, a totally giggable powerful amp, is the same price!

Worth auditioning the competition, the Vox Handbag, the THR10, a Blackstar Core 20 which is the cheapest, a Katana 50 is insane value, and some members will tell you everything is shit except a Vox Valvetronix....

Go to a shop for a few hours noodling would be my recommendation.

Remember you can add wireless to any amp for £100, though the Katana solution where it charges in the amp is really neat!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • Vox Handbag should be the model name. Sounds great though!
  • I'd get a Katana 50 or the Head (with internal speaker) and be done....
  • I'm purely looking at that down to ultimate laziness, I quite like the idea of having the wireless dongle, and being able to just play as soon as I'd like, rather than faff with leads etc. Not sure I could bring myself to own that Vox handbag thing just down to aesthetics. 
  • The Vox is very good, I sold my THR10c as a result of trying one. Side by side it was a clear winner. Looks ugly but sounds great. The Katanas look good but can't see them matching the Vox for tone or volume unless you get one of the combos. 

• I'll see if someone near has a vox I can try, gonna test out some Katana's tomorrow.
  • Vox Handbag should be the model name. Sounds great though!

I'd get a Katana 50 or the Head (with internal speaker) and be done....

It should indeed, I'm trying to make it the official forum name, I actually really want one!

BUT - seconded, the Katana is just great, and the Head costs the same as the Air, so its like minus wifi but plus giggable head!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...