SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage 1959/60 Gibson ES345 TD

What's Hot

Up for sale is my very early 1960 (‘59 FON stamp and 1960 serial number), twin PAF Gibson ES345, complete with its’ original pink lined Lifton hard shell case.

This is a rare opportunity to pick up a genuine 1959 PAF Gibson at a very keen price thanks to some minor parts swaps, and genuine wear and tear expected of a nearly 60 year old working guitar.

First and foremost this is one of the very best sounding vintage ES’ guitars I’ve had in close to 20 years of playing and collecting- truly an outstanding guitar! 

For those in the know, the ‘59-60 ES345 is cited as ‘The Burst Killer’, as the shallow neck set, chunkier neck profile and long magnet PAFs just ‘clicked’ in this time frame, and this example sits firmly in that territory.

Like so many other stereo ES’ the Varitone has been replaced in favour of a regular mono 335 set up so its plug-and-play with no special cable required, but the PAFs remain out of phase and sound absolutely stellar, with a huge range of tones at your fingertips, and it performs and feels identically to a same year, £30,000 dot neck 335.

There’s an ancient and rock solid minor ‘smile’ fracture at the headstock, and a good amount of finish wear on the neck and under the forearm area from countless playing hours, but it’s otherwise original, retaining its’ factory long guard, gold bonnet knobs, ABR-1 bridge, featherweight tailpiece etc, and the original Lifton case is in similarly good condition.  

Price is £10,850 OBO, and I’ll invite part trades for cool vintage guitars and amps.

Thanks for looking, J@S
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments