Camplifier?

What's Hot
I'm looking at replacing my rack power amp with something a bit more portable (and able to fit in the rucksack I use for the Helix). I was originally thinking about the SD Powerstage 170, but it's only 170W at 4 ohm...I need 8 ohm, so I'm unconvinced about the available headroom.

That got me looking around, and I came across this:

http://digitalguitargear.com/guitar-amp-brick-180/

I thought these guys only made the slot-in units for the Kemper, but apparently they've branched out a little. That unit looks like it does everything I want - it's small, light and has 180W into 8 ohm, which is perfect.

Has anyone used their amps? Anything I should watch out for?

I'm almost tempted just to get the Kemper module version and build it into the back of my Matrix cab...I originally wanted the Matrix GM50 for that exact purpose, but they don't make them any more.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Seems pricey... have you ruled out the usual suspects?? Mooer Baby Bomb, Quilter microblock 45 et al..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26739
    edited September 2018
    Seems pricey... have you ruled out the usual suspects?? Mooer Baby Bomb, Quilter microblock 45 et al..

Baby Bomb is 30W, Microblock is 45W. I'm specifically looking for something with plenty of headroom which can be heard clearly over the rest of the band - including a loud-ish drummer and another guitarist.

£300-ish isn't actually that expensive when you compare it to things like the Matrix gear; I suppose that's what I really want to know...so new question:

For those folk who've used Camplifier modules, are they of similar quality to the Matrix amps?

EDIT: Also worth noting that the Quilter Tone Block (which is equivalent in terms of output power and price) is similar to the Powerstage in that it only delivers its full output at 4 ohms, and half that at 8 ohms.
    <space for hire>
  • From what I've heard I believe the options I suggested should be plenty loud enough for that purpose but ymmv.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?