Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PSA: Gibson Les Paul classic 2018 (P90). £999

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• riverciderrivercider Frets: 461
    edited September 2018
    Bugger.  I paid 1300 for goldtop version.  Still, I wouldn't have bought it in black, so moot point I guess....but it does show how much margin is in these things even now...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That blue standard and black classic are clearly the least popular colours....personally I'd rather not just to get a bargain. 
  • I'd rather have a p90 Les Paul personally. I like the look of the black one. 
    Its just a shame those ones at Richtone are panzar tank heavy.  
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah 10lbs is pushing into Musicman Stingray 5 territory....which you expect for such a huge body....
  • Needs white P90's me thinks ;)
  • the black is the nicest looking one
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 660
    Looks wrong to me, neck is too bright needs ebony & P90s never look right unless they are dog ear. Oh and I cant stand those speed knobs
  • Yeah 10lbs is pushing into Musicman Stingray 5 territory....which you expect for such a huge body....
    My stingray 5 isn't near 10lbs. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Bugger.  I paid 1300 for goldtop version.  Still, I wouldn't have bought it in black, so moot point I guess....but it does show how much margin is in these things even now...
    Yeah with these Gibsons you just have to wait for these sales because they drop the prices on a yearly basis when the new models come in.
    Looking at the 2019 models the prices have been raised this year but some of the specs on some models do not seem to justify the extra cost. Compare the LP Standard 2018 to 2019 here on Peach:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-2018/gibson-usa-2018-les-paul-standard-heritage-cherry-sunburst.htm
    http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/gibson-usa-2019-les-paul-standard-heritage-cherry-sunburst.htm

£800 difference in price for virtually the same guitar built in the same factory by the same people just a year later. OK the 2018 Les Paul is on sale because its an old model but this is a top quality guitar not FIFA. Its not suddenly outdated because it doesn't do Neymars new celebration and have Ronaldo in a Juventus kit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a Bluebeard said:
    Bugger.  I paid 1300 for goldtop version.  Still, I wouldn't have bought it in black, so moot point I guess....but it does show how much margin is in these things even now...
    Yeah with these Gibsons you just have to wait for these sales because they drop the prices on a yearly basis when the new models come in.
    Looking at the 2019 models the prices have been raised this year but some of the specs on some models do not seem to justify the extra cost. Compare the LP Standard 2018 to 2019 here on Peach:

http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/gibson-2018/gibson-usa-2018-les-paul-standard-heritage-cherry-sunburst.htm
    http://www.peachguitars.com/guitars/electric-guitars/solid-body/gibson-usa-2019-les-paul-standard-heritage-cherry-sunburst.htm

£800 difference in price for virtually the same guitar built in the same factory by the same people just a year later. OK the 2018 Les Paul is on sale because its an old model but this is a top quality guitar not FIFA. Its not suddenly outdated because it doesn't do Neymars new celebration and have Ronaldo in a Juventus kit.
    I bought a new Les Paul Tribute T when they came out at £550 new in 2016. The following year 2017 they racked it up to £899

They’re now back to £769 for the 2018 model 

Piss take 

• That would be a good candidate for an Old Black conversion...

• Bugger.  I paid 1300 for goldtop version.  Still, I wouldn't have bought it in black, so moot point I guess....but it does show how much margin is in these things even now...
    The goldtop is the one which has been discounted the least over the last few months, assuming that is down to it no doubt being the one that the majority want.

I also paid 1300, the lowest I have seen it go.  Once 2018 is a distant memory it will feel like the good deal it is.
    My stingray 5 isn't near 10lbs. 
    Lucky! I have a few Musicman basses and they are all pretty damn heavy, more so the 5HH Ray 5.
  • Gerz6558 said:
    The goldtop is the one which has been discounted the least over the last few months, assuming that is down to it no doubt being the one that the majority want.

I also paid 1300, the lowest I have seen it go.  Once 2018 is a distant memory it will feel like the good deal it is.
    Well, I am definitely enjoying it, plus I got the choice of two, one at 10lbs and then the one I ended up keeping, which came in at 9lbs 2, so I can't grumble about the weight as it feels fine. 
  • well the offer on richtone has ended early having sold one, they are back up to £1599.and the cobalt standard is now £2599
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • versace said:
    well the offer on richtone has ended early having sold one, they are back up to £1599.and the cobalt standard is now £2599
    Strange!
  • versace said:
    well the offer on richtone has ended early having sold one, they are back up to £1599.and the cobalt standard is now £2599
    Strange!
    Very weird as I'm sure it had a 'offer ends in 3 days' banner at the top of the page yesterday.
  • Sure it wasn't an ex-demo maybe?  
  • Hmm....I guess they didn't sell as well as they hoped.