SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

1953 Gibson ES-295 Les Paul Model

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2053
    MikeS said:
    Amazing guitar, but those photos are killing it. They're not even remotely passable for a £7000 Guitar.

It deserves better.
    Can’t disagree, I can ask for more see if he can get better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    Wow.... Cool as ****  :)
  • PinstripePhilPinstripePhil Frets: 98
    edited September 2018
    CMW335 said:
    I owned that guitar and sold it 11 years ago to fund my Wedding!! lol.
    My first vintage guitar. 
    From memory the neck was refinished. It really sounded killer. That bridge is the nuts. 
    I bought it at the Guitar Village in Farnham.
    GLWTS. 
    Small world lol. How certain are you this is the same guitar? The person I am selling it for seems to be unaware of any refinishing on the neck so I would need to check in with him on that.
    Very certain.  I recognised the top from the pics and then when I saw the refin neck (gold all removed) that was that.  I have regretted selling that guitar for 11 years.  It sounded epic.  Really epic.  But there it is.  The new owner will be very happy.  I have other guitars that do the job now and am chasing something else at the mo.  The bridge used to move around a bit when I had it and one of the tone pots wasn't working.  No doubt by now the pot has been sorted and the bridge pinned.  All things I would have done back then if I felt about such guitars as I do now.  Which is feck originality, they need to be good tools first.  As I say, glwts.  Hopefully I won't be handing over the cash in a few months time (if it is still around) and someone else will grab this one first !!!   lol.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CMW335 said:
    I owned that guitar and sold it 11 years ago to fund my Wedding!! lol.
    My first vintage guitar. 
    From memory the neck was refinished. It really sounded killer. That bridge is the nuts. 
    I bought it at the Guitar Village in Farnham.
    GLWTS. 
    Small world lol. How certain are you this is the same guitar? The person I am selling it for seems to be unaware of any refinishing on the neck so I would need to check in with him on that.
    Very certain.  I recognised the top from the pics and then when I saw the refin neck (gold all removed) that was that.  I have regretted selling that guitar for 11 years.  It sounded epic.  Really epic.  But there it is.  The new owner will be very happy.  I have other guitars that do the job now and am chasing something else at the mo.  The bridge used to move around a bit when I had it and one of the tone pots wasn't working.  No doubt by now the pot has been sorted and the bridge pinned.  All things I would have done back then if I felt about such guitars as I do now.  Which is feck originality, they need to be good tools first.  As I say, glwts.  Hopefully I won't be handing over the cash in a few months time (if it is still around) and someone else will grab this one first !!!   lol.
    Thanks for the info Phil, I will see what I can do in terms of reconciling the above with the guitar. For anyone interested in the guitar I will put you directly onto the owner just pm me and it’s over to you and him from there.

• I think I remember this guitar when it was for sale in Guitar Village a good few years ago (if it's 'that one'). There was a guy trying it out... and we spoke. I said I'd be all over it if it had a Bigsby... and he then enlightened me about the effect of the trapeze tailpiece.  The long wires on the LP trapeze on the guitar give the guitar a sort of reverb effect.  Have to admit... it sounded good.  GLWTS.
    I think I remember this guitar when it was for sale in Guitar Village a good few years ago (if it's 'that one'). There was a guy trying it out... and we spoke. I said I'd be all over it if it had a Bigsby... and he then enlightened me about the effect of the trapeze tailpiece.  The long wires on the LP trapeze on the guitar give the guitar a sort of reverb effect.  Have to admit... it sounded good.  GLWTS.
    Thanks,

The info I have from the owner is that he purchased it in 2012 and he gave a famous musicians name as the seller but doesn’t know if it was the actual musician or just someone with the same name. He didn’t realise till the courier paperwork had the sellers full name on it.
    Ok some more pics from the owner, perhaps not the same guitar @PinstripePhil as there is still an area of gold at the bottom which surely would not have been left after a refin? I’m not familiar with the model enough to be sure so any input from the forum appreciated

• KDSKDS Frets: 221
    Love that. Presume that’s the scotty Moore model sun sessions guitar? Any other trades than CS strats? What part of country is the guitar?
    KDS said:
    Love that. Presume that’s the scotty Moore model sun sessions guitar? Any other trades than CS strats? What part of country is the guitar?
    PM sent @KDS ;