Simplicate and add lightness

dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
Well, not lightness really as my R8 is 9lb 5oz

But anyway, when my boy turned 1 a few months ago I lost my spare room at home which had been my home office / guitar room, so he could have his own bedroom (we tried having my daughter sharing her room with him but that was a nightmare)

Since then I have really made an effort to simplify my gear and having sold loads I am the happiest I have been for a very long time with just my R8, Marshall SL5 and acoustic at home, and Les Paul BFG through AmpliTube on a PC at my office.

Im spending so much less time buggering about with gear now and getting on with playing!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5025
    edited September 2018
    Slightly different scenario, but I've managed to amass about 24 guitars, although I appreciate that there will be far sadder cases than me on the forum - won't there? (it was 32 at one point) - decent stuff in the main, vintage and modern Gibson, Gretsches, Fenders), but I've spent so much time obsessing over them (picking them up, putting them down, changing strings, wondering which ones to keep, plotting the next ones, etc) that I spend more time doing that I spend actually trying to play the things. I enjoy the 'collection' side for various reasons, but I really do have to strip it down a bit. 
    Call me Dave.
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I’m really guilty of tweaking guitars to the nth degree and planning all sorts of ‘upgrades’

For the first time in as long as I can remember I am content with my gear.

The plan is to buy a much bigger place next year, so I’m not saying this is a forever situation of course ;-)

• I have 7 guitars and I’m trying to get down to 4 or 5 and two amps for exactly the same reasons. Space needed and less time to play, means I just need less choices and to get on with playing