Any one done an Eastwood build?

What's Hot
TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3275
edited September 2018 in Guitar
Just had the email through for the new Newport Bass and it looks pretty cool. However, never played and eastwood, no idea what their QC is like and wondered if anyone here had been down this route?

It’s this by the way:
http://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/newport-bass/?utm_campaign=EWCS+27th+September+%2718++%28Ju5MZH%29&utm_medium=email&_ke=eyJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJqam9uZXM4MkBvdXRsb29rLmNvbSIsICJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIk1UYlE5RSJ9&utm_source=BACKLUND+BUYERS

There is is one thing putting me off. I recently saw a post about the nonreverse firebird they do...it cost more than the first of my Gibson non-reverse firebirds. Which to my mind was nuts.

Anyway, what’s your opinions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I've an Eastwood Airline Twin Tone which is adequate for my purposes, but I suppose at $600 you'd want more that adequate
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've an Eastwood Airline Twin Tone which is adequate for my purposes, but I suppose at $600 you'd want more that adequate
    Thats exactly it. For £500 I can have my pick of Epis and some secondhand Gibson’s basses. It’d need to be with the money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    I was intrigued by their Ampeg bass but looking at the pics in detail the build looked a bit cheap; the through body routed f holes looked poorly finished, they'd put a P bass cover over the bridge and the headstock was a poor interpretation of the original. It was priced about right for what it was.

I used their contact us page to query if they might do a fretless version of the EB-1 but they never came back to me.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    I pre-ordered the Warren Ellis Tenor Baritone from the “Custom Shop” when it happened. Got a great instrument, rather unique at that for a good price and got the hard shell case free, so not much to complain about. 

Pretty sure you can return custom shop purchases but the deposit is only refunded as shop credit... check the policy.
  • Can't comment on the custom builds but as a company they've been really good to us this summer - we went and had a play in the Liverpool showroom and got an Airline '59 3P, a Rivolta Mondata, and a Map Bass for a bunch of festival shows. Great looking and sounding guitars, QC was fine on the ones we got, and the guys were really helpful.

I've also had one of the DLX Tenors in the past that I didn't get on with and they were fine with me sending it back after a few weeks of trying it out. They know their stuff isn't really out to try in stores so the warehouse and return model seems to be working for them.