high gain strat pickups that look traditional and ideally keep strattyness?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28341
Whenever I play one of my strats I seem to hanker after high gain sounds after a while. I'm thinking that I may just try some different pickups out and see what I think, but the question is which ones?

Need to have the trad look (all single coil size with poles showing), and I'd prefer to keep the strattyness - although that isn't necessarily a deal breaker. 

Any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I quite like the Dimarzio Injectors but I would caveat that by pointing out my hearing isn’t the most delicately nuanced and others will doubtless decry them as sounding nothing like a Strat 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    My only experience was with BKP Trilogy - TBH, overkill and definitely not what I'd call Stratty.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    I think once you get above about Fender Texas Special levels of overwinding, you lose the ‘Strattiness’.

The best way is to just get some high quality ones which are well-potted and not microphonic, I think - then use an EQ pedal to boost mids and level to provide your high-gain sound.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fnptfnpt Frets: 749
    SD SSL-5
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • xscaramangaxscaramanga Frets: 436
    edited September 2018
    I think ICBM is probably right, but I wanted a noiseless Strat and I figured I might as well go high gain while I was about it (I've got vintage Strat bases covered elsewhere). I've got a DiMarzio Injector and a Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 in one of my Strats. They're pretty damn Stratty, tbh. Clean they're a little bit brash, maybe, but dirty they're very much my idea of a heavy blues/rock Strat.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • Another vote for the injectors. I had them on a Paul Gilbert signature guitar. I really liked them. 
    Stratty at lower gain, brilliant with high gain- no mush.
  • steersteer Frets: 1198
    I had some power rail pickups from Axesrus in my strat for a while, which will of course look very different, but probably do what you are after.