Returning Pickups that have been bought online...

What's Hot
So, I fancy trying some pickups out but they are expensive new... If I don't like them I'd have to sell them on taking a hit....

Now I know many of you took advantage of the distance selling law and bought a Helix only to return it if you didn't want to keep it.

Can I do this with Dimarzio pickups??
My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bwetsbwets Frets: 162
    I guess not because to try them out you will need to strip the wire and solder them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just snip the cable neat when you’re done and don’t strip off much in the first place 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4201
    edited September 2018
    I always strip off as little wire as possible and curl the excess in the pickup cavity, just in case

• brooombrooom Frets: 1175
    To be honest I think people sometimes abuse companies return policies a little bit. Not sure returning a pickup which requires solder and to some extent "modification" even if it's just curling up insulation, should warrant a return.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Buy used, and if you don't like them just sell them on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Don't dimarzio pickups come in some kind of tamper evidence case?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • I think a some pickup makers offer a return and exchange thing if your not happy. I think Alegree does it and he's got a discount code going.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10663
    tFB Trader
    Fishguy said:
    I think a some pickup makers offer a return and exchange thing if your not happy. I think Alegree does it and he's got a discount code going.
    I also do ... just coil the lead up ... don't bother to clip them or anything.  I won't sell these on as new after ... but they wind up in discounted sales in the classifieds here :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom