Insurance claim.

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
There have been many threads discussing “which insurance should I buy” so I thought I’d make a thread based on the claim I have submitted tonight and to see how the process unfolds. 

I have a policy with Allianz which I have held for nearly three year and it’s been totally claim free. When moving my Laney Lionheart 4x10 combo this evening into the studio I dropped it and it fell down the stairs. Absolutely it’s clumsy of me, i was carrying it in one hand using the handle on the top of the amp. 

Naturally the amp has sustained some cosmetic damage but more concerning to me is that when I turn on the amp I’ve got nothing, no lights, no sounds. 

As I have accidental damage cover I thought I would put this through the insurance as I can’t see this being less than the £100 excess to repair. That and I pay £22 a month for the cover for instances like this.

The first thing to note is that Allianz music insurance is only contactable by phone Monday- Friday 9/5 which is slightly irritating as that’s not really ideal for me. The only way of notifying them about a claim outside of business hours is via email. 

I have sent an email and had an automated response notifying me that they have received my claim and that I will be contacted shortly. So I will update the next part of this thread as of the next contact is made and the claim progresses.

So, not the most exciting thread but hopefully one that will be useful to many to see how and what happens when you use the insurance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    Allianz usually fairly reasonable. Don’t you know an account manager who can sort it for you : )
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    munckee said:
    Allianz usually fairly reasonable. Don’t you know an account manager who can sort it for you : )
    I do know quite a few people at Allianz but I thought I’d leave it to run it’s course without interjection (unless I have to) as it would be good for me to see how this works.

For clarity here I should say my day job is a director of an insurance brokers. I don’t however have any interests in musical instrument insurance. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3602
    Somebody not working the week end!, I remember a time..... 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1633
    robgilmo said:
    To be fair to them the commercial insurance market doesn’t operate on a weekend either or out of business hours. I don’t know why I was hopeful that the instrument insurance world would be?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    shaunm said:
    robgilmo said:
    To be fair to them the commercial insurance market doesn’t operate on a weekend either or out of business hours. I don’t know why I was hopeful that the instrument insurance world would be?
    I can confirm it’s strictly 9 to 5 and no weekends. 
  • munckee said:
    shaunm said:
    robgilmo said:
    I can confirm it’s strictly 9 to 5 and no weekends. 
    You hiring?
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom