Tone Knob Starting Point

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1389
    thegummy said:
    bbill335 said:
    Live, volume +tone on 7 most of the time . At home volumes the tone stays mostly up full 
    That's interesting. Is it because it's so much louder, the high frequencies are biting?

I borrowed a Tele from my bandmate (with a noload tone) and while I wasn't a fan of the top end at home, it didn't offend my ears the way it does when he plays it in the studio.
    I think i set the amp treblier live so I have it on tap for leads and stuff. Plus, too much bass will bury me in the mix so that tends to go down as the volume goes up 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    bbill335 said:
    thegummy said:
    bbill335 said:
    Live, volume +tone on 7 most of the time . At home volumes the tone stays mostly up full 
    That's interesting. Is it because it's so much louder, the high frequencies are biting?

I borrowed a Tele from my bandmate (with a noload tone) and while I wasn't a fan of the top end at home, it didn't offend my ears the way it does when he plays it in the studio.
    I think i set the amp treblier live so I have it on tap for leads and stuff. Plus, too much bass will bury me in the mix so that tends to go down as the volume goes up 
    Cool, makes sense.

Nice profile pic!
  • NelsonP said:

Maybe i need to get a single pickup guitar. That would force me to learn how to use the controls properly.
    It certainly forces you to play differently. You become more aware of pick position & dynamics plus since there’s no switch in the way the tone and volume controls are easy to get at. 

As an aside I think the single pickup allows for more natural sustain.