Montys Guitar Maintenance Course

What's Hot
https://www.montysguitars.com/pages/montys-guitars-maintenance-course-blurb

This looks great. Met Matt a few times and he is an excellent skilled technician and nice guy.  It is however 350 for a 9-2 course.   I am cack handed and worry that its a little advanced what alternatives are there?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Seems a bit short on time at only 9am-2am
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • He lost my potential custom when he decided to put this on his website:

I'll help you get it setup to play like butter.... if not better.

=) 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9378
    I’d love to do that. I wouldn’t worry about the £350. It’s the extra cash you’ll spend when you hear a set of his PAFs while you’re there that makes it expensive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    I’d love to do that. I wouldn’t worry about the £350. It’s the extra cash you’ll spend when you hear a set of his PAFs while you’re there that makes it expensive
    try his telecaster pickups as a remedy. That will put your wallet safely back into its holster. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The course is probably worth every penny. Many years ago I did a one day setup course with Robbie Gladwell who had a column in Guitarist magazine, the knowledge I gained from that course must have saved me a fortune over the years.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've often thought about doing something like this. 

That particular course is too steep for me, though he seems to get good reviews here so probably worth it. 

But I just know as soon as I'm home and don't have someone experienced aiding me, nothing will escape my ability to fuck up or be beyond my skills to remedy. Lol. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10276
    If it’s something you can learn in 5 hours, the £50/setup cost will be a thing of the past and you’ll recoup that in no time, especially if you’ve got a few guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom