Help: Is this Cap a retro or original?

What's Hot
mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    Why does it matter?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    edited September 2018
    Because I will sell it to fund the parts missing, which are most of them  =)
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3180
    edited September 2018 tFB Trader
    Looks like a repro, or it's an original that's been restuffed and potted. I think.

If it is an original, it'll be horribly leaky and dried out by now judging by the condition of the wax. I'd chuck it on a cap tester and see how it performs before using it in any equipment, even if it'll only have a few mV across it in a gtr. I've got boxes and boxes of old wax caps for Radio restorations that are all fooked and only useful for restuffing.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72610
    mrn1989 said:
    Because I will sell it to fund the parts missing, which are most of them  =)
    Ah, OK.

In that case just put it on Ebay with good pics and let the fools who pay good money for things like this make up their own minds.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • shugzshugz Frets: 768
    Repro (in my opinion). 

Good quality though by looks of things. 

H

www.proudhoney.com