Heads up to Six String supplies for a great service.

What's Hot
TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
I was browsing the t'internet for some CTS pots and caps and came across @sixstringsupplies website. I did a quick search here and found great reviews. I only wanted the parts but started browsing at the harnesses. Fatal move. I usually do my own but I solder like it's been thrown on so thought what the heck.

The Les Paul pots and caps only:

They came on a superb template with the parts impeccably soldered. So much so that I was loath to do my part in fitting them. Once fitted I was surprised how good my bridge pickup sounded in my LP copy. So much so that it puzzled me because I already had Cts pots and on 10 there should have been no difference. Being curious I measured the old bridge volume pot and although it is clearly marked at 500k it only measured 278k!!  It had been suffering from not going totally silent in the zero position hence wanting new pots. Very happy now as that great PAF sparkle is back.

I also ordered a set for my PRS Bernie SE:

Ed had not done a kit before so asked for the measurements between pots which I gave him. The kit came back with 3 perfectly aligned pots and a Bernie wiring diagram! It was printed out with everything clearly marked. I wasn't expecting that.
If I was changing the harness I thought I might as well change out the SE pickups. I had been resisting but this was the right time.

I have  a few decent sets of humbuckers in a drawer so stuck a pair of Shed Paf Daddies in and I am so glad I did. The guitar is acoustically alive and the bridge pickup now sparkles with that top end that you can tickle for the chime or dig in for the bite without any spike. I had forgotten how good the Shed's were.

I ordered the LP set at 10:00pm at night and received an email at 8:20 the next morning saying they had been dispatched!

Can't recommend Ed enough.  I know you seasoned posters are already aware of Ed but for newbies like myself he deserves a plug. 

Obligatory pic.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Yup I’ve got a custom tele loom from Ed - great service and comms. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Great to read some plaudits for a business that deserves it!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Thought I’d ordered a Les Paul pre wired harness from them but turned out to be a total work of art !
    Felt sad fitting the back plate which hides it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    JerkMoans said:
    Great to read some plaudits for a business that deserves it!
       Yes , it's to easy to knock people but good when people make an effort to congratulate ,  nice one @TA22GT   ; & @sixstringsupplies ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Thought I’d ordered a Les Paul pre wired harness from them but turned out to be a total work of art !
    Felt sad fitting the back plate which hides it!

LOL!   That's exactly what I emailed Ed when I received mine. I said it's too good to hide away in a dark control cavity!
  • Thanks all, I have a little project in mind and you have put this chap on the radar, appreciate it.
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Thanks guys! Had no idea that a few customers were frtetboard members. I’m currently on my stag weekend and worse for wear shall we say.  But this thread has made my weekend. Cheers 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16794
    Thanks guys! Had no idea that a few customers were frtetboard members. I’m currently on my stag weekend and worse for wear shall we say.  But this thread has made my weekend. Cheers 
    This made your weekend?  It should have been the stripper last night!

Do you need a new best man?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    WezV said:
    This made your weekend?  It should have been the stripper last night!

Do you need a new best man?
    I was being polite  ;) best man has done a top job. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials