Building a strat

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
I fancy putting together a strat from parts ..probably a relic type of thing...if never done this before but have an urge to put something nice ...any pit falls that I should be looking at and any recommendation for good parts suppliers :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    If you are lookong for a bare body to finish yourself the Guitarbuild are good quality

GSPBASSES on here makes custom necks and bodies to your spec and are great quality

If not, then superbly finished bodies can be supplied by members of this forum..

Allaprts and Might Mite for decent quality necks or ebay for used parts, but make sure to ask if they are Fender fit

For hardware the world is your oyster....

Careful though its addictive!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5420
    edited September 2018
    Get the best body & neck you can afford- they’re the foundation the guitar is build on. All the hardware can be upgraded as necessary. 

You can probably piece together all the bits you need from the “Parts” section of the classifieds. 

I’d start here & take If from there doing everything myself... it’s immensely rewarding.
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/139124/fs-price-drop-gsp-strat-body-neck-185-shipped#latest

Failing that (if you want a less hands on build) I’d get a body & neck from @lonestar and electronics from @Alegree or @TheGuitarWeasel ;;

dont forget to post in the making and modding section too- there’s a wealth of expert advice available to keep you on the right track every step of the way. 

Good luck
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Barney said:
    I fancy putting together a strat from parts ..probably a relic type of thing...if never done this before but have an urge to put something nice ...any pit falls that I should be looking at and any recommendation for good parts suppliers :)
    Thank you @stimpsonslostson .

I can sort out an aged body and neck @Barney .
    Feel free to message me. 
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    lonestar said:
    Barney said:
    Thank you @stimpsonslostson .

I can sort out an aged body and neck @Barney .
    Feel free to message me. 
    Just messaged :)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616