What's Hot
124»

Comments

• flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    I don't object
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Veganic said:
    @Veganic is that a fuzz tone you've got there?
    At this point I am not sure if that is a joke.

It is a Vox VT+: US high gain custom which is modelled on a Soldano SLO. I added a load of compression and some delay. No fuzz at all.
    Here's the weird thing, I used a telecaster and it seems to be making everything with any gain sound really digital or square-wavey. It sounds way more sensible with humbuckers.

@fastonebaz

Edit: I just listened to it again, I can see what you mean now.
    Have you adjusted the input volume in your recording interface? I need to listen again but I wondered if out was set really high and clipped the signal
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    Veganic said:
    @Veganic is that a fuzz tone you've got there?
    At this point I am not sure if that is a joke.

It is a Vox VT+: US high gain custom which is modelled on a Soldano SLO. I added a load of compression and some delay. No fuzz at all.
    Here's the weird thing, I used a telecaster and it seems to be making everything with any gain sound really digital or square-wavey. It sounds way more sensible with humbuckers.

@fastonebaz

Edit: I just listened to it again, I can see what you mean now.
    Have you adjusted the input volume in your recording interface? I need to listen again but I wondered if out was set really high and clipped the signal
    I don't think that was the problem.  I am only listening to it on a phone or cheap headphones and my recording set up is really basic, so no subtlety. It was all a bit rushed and last minute and alcohol was involved  :)

I will try something different next time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    Sadly I was rehearsing last night and forgot to upload mine. I recorded it on the first weekend too pffft. 

That's a tricky one for me. If nobody objects, I'm inclined to say send it in.

As a compromise, maybe we could say that those that have already voted by the time it's added to the playlist, can't change their vote.

Does anyone object to this? It's just for fun anyway.

Thanks - Nobody'll vote for it anyway :) I'll upload it when I get in. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Get it in!
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • markvmarkv Frets: 459
    Sadly I was rehearsing last night and forgot to upload mine. I recorded it on the first weekend too pffft. 

As a compromise, maybe we could say that those that have already voted by the time it's added to the playlist, can't change their vote.

No objections from me. What's the thinking behind saying existing votes can't be changed? (I've already voted ... just curious because if none of the participants object, then presumably we won't mind if @mudslide73 gets all the votes ...)
  • markv said:

No objections from me. What's the thinking behind saying existing votes can't be changed? (I've already voted ... just curious because if none of the participants object, then presumably we won't mind if @mudslide73 gets all the votes ...)

Just trying to keep everyone happy. No solid logic, just a gut feel.

If there are entries after the voting has started, then I can see an increased chance that those that have already voted might change their vote. I imagine that might cause some bad feeling in those that lose votes they've previously received. So far the challenges seem to generate a friendly, team-like, supportive environment and I don't want to risk breaking that.

Given the good-nature of the challenges, and as it's all just for fun, it seems reasonable to bend the rules occasionally, if we get to hear more entries. l'm just trying to be flexible in allowing a late entry, whilst trying to keep everyone happy - which is probably an impossible task :).

There's still the opportunity to comment favourably on solos after votes have been submitted.

It's not a competition.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    edited October 2018
    I'm ok either way.. I'm happy not to be voted on. Everyone else was subject to a deadline so I'm ok with whatever's the consensus. On my part it's just feeling I hadn't wasted the time/energy etc. I don't imagine it will alter the course of events and trouble the medal table

I'll email it when I get in from work. 

Edit: Sent.

Thanks for letting me participate despite the deadline having passed. I very much appreciate the opportunity to get this out there. It's not really a great take but it's my first one done with only free plugins and IRs so I'm happier with the tone than the playing.

As always thanks for running the challenges. Very enjoyable.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Sent.

Added to the playlist. That makes a total of 8 entries, so I'll list the top four after the voting, which means nobody will be pushed out of the winner list.

It's not a competition.