Anyone own or played a Vintage V130?

What's Hot
I'm looking at buying a Vintage V130 and would like to hear your thoughts on them if you own or have played one.

It doesn't seem that many come up secondhand so either no one buys them or they love'm and therefore don't sell =)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yes, I’ve owned a V120 and a V130.

Both great, well made, simple guitars that sound good. My V130 was the white one which looked stunning. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11876
    I'd love to find a good Vintage guitars dealer, be worried about walking out with more than one with all the good things I hear!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2318
    I had a Vintage V100LM, as per my posts in this thread about Vintage (brand) guitars.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 849
    edited October 2018
    Thanks for the replies.... reassuring: )

@darthed1981 I absolutely agree about not seeing Vintage guitars in local dealers. I suppose the flipside is that's how they keep the prices down but surely makes it harder to sell them.

@Nunogilberto What was the neck profile like?

@Keefy The thread is a good read
  • @SlopeSoarer from what I remember it was rounded but nothing like as thick as an old Junior - I found it quite playable and I’m not a lover of 50s necks.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 952
    edited October 2018
    My local guitar shop sells Vintage (I bought the 72 semihollow Tele recently) and I've been looking at their Les Pauls for a while now. They look and feel really well put together with great tuning ans pickups. You can't go wrong with the build quality generally but if you wanted better pickups that's only a small change. 

I was chatting to the shop owner and despite the Vintage being cheaper, he said you got so much more value for money with the Vintage LP compared to the top spec Epiphone he's got in the shop. The only thing you don't get with Vintage compared to Epi is decent resale value. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • I like 'em! I currently own a v52 butterscotch Tele and a black vs6 (currently for sale in the classifieds for really not much money at all!) 

I've never felt the need to change pickups, they sound great. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4674
    i have the VR100LM, spent ages hunting for one, lot of guitar for the money, pots are shit but apart from that its cracking 

one of these 

• I had a V120 (LP Jr), Vs6VS6mr (SG Jr), V100 (Lemon Drop LP) & VS6 (SG). 

Uniformly good guitars for the money, the Wilkinson hardware is generally better that what you usually find at this price point. I MUCH preferred them to Epiphones. 

My biggest criticism is that the necks are often skinny. Great for beginners & younger players, but I find them a bit too slim- on the SG I could accidentally bend notes by pulling/pushing the neck with my fretting hand. The neck join was solid, the neck was just THAT thin. 
  • Thanks again for the comments, all very helpful.... apart from the photo of that stunning (in my opinion) VR100LM!
  • vintages ive had, a les paul, a flying v and a tele. and i have 3 vintage acoustics. great guitars. necks all a bit skinnier than i prefer but thats my personal taste.
  • rossirossi Frets: 1707
    The V100 LM is on my shopping list .i do own a V99 Zip .Very playable ,quirky but very odd sounding  with two strat pickups bound together with copious  copper shielding,unless spikey hot  blues is your forte .which I like  a lot .Very sweet player though  for a really cheap guitar .To cap it all its actually semi hollow.I like skinny nesks .