CD Player. Complex repair.

What's Hot
ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
Bought a cd / dab radio unit from a charity shop recently. I think it was quite an expensive piece of kit in its time the only problem being that the cd player wouldn't eject the cd's. It's the slot type where the machine pulls in the cd. A mate of mine came round this morning and suggested blowing into the cd slot with a hairdryer. Works perfect now. Result. 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• If only all CD faults could be fixed that easily!

Any idea how the hot air helped?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    If only all CD faults could be fixed that easily!

Any idea how the hot air helped?
    No idea, the hairdryer had one of those concentrator attachments on it and i only had it on a cool setting. I presume it just blew dust out that was causing it to misfunction. 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    what make a model is it?  

The CD player, not the hairdryer. 
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    roberts mp sound 53.
  • The last CD repair I had done was for a Rotel machine, it had lost one of its analog outputs. Mr Repairman found a surfacemount resistor on that channel that had gone open circuit and was able to replace it with a discrete component and some neat soldering. He then changed the other channel just in case that was about to exhibit the same fault. I was impressed :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom