Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

This gumtree seller.....

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• I know this is a 5 year old thread but bend my string if that amp isn't still being pushed on facebork.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12332
    snowblind said:
    I know this is a 5 year old thread but bend my string if that amp isn't still being pushed on facebork.
    Jeez, have you asked him for any further details? ;)
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn't feel the need, fortunately. I was just trawling around on FB as I do when I found the add. I wasn't au-fait on exactly what a V125 was and this thread popped up in the searches. On the plus side I do now know a lot more about the V125/Climax amps than I did before but the idea of a very loud AC30 that doesn't do what an AC30 does seems a bit pointless. My DR103 has a similar power section so the loud part is taken care of but it does things very differently to a Vox. Given that I had an AC30 but didn't gel with it I wasn't inclined to to pursue the thing any further. The ad reminded me of a used car salesman I met once who was trying to sell what should have been cheap project fixer-uppers for way more than they were worth and got strangely irate when anyone questioned his valuations. Wasn't a great sales technique. Somewhat Trumpian in his valuation scheme. "In my head this thing is worth 50 times what the rest of the world says it is but of course they are wrong." No detailed specs, only one picture and a rant that has apparently been going on for a decade. This record is well and truly stuck.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom