Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Apprentice.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    I can only assume people are buying them because it's "the apprentice" and it's for shits and giggles...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3008
    I've watched The Apprentice right from series one and it's good fun watching big ego's playing up to the TV as wannabe stars.  There is talent amongst them, plus there are some naive types who think they're going to be the next billionaire just because they've got a shop that's doing quite well. Realistically there are probably only a few of them that have a business plan that interests Alan Sugar.

From series one, I don't think he's found the one yet who's done anything extraordinary, perhaps the nearest being the chap who invented male grooming products. 

I have worked for so many bosses who are just like the TV version of Alan Sugar!  But I doubt he's like that in real life, maybe in the past, but in the corporate world of 2018 he would spend most of his working life either in tribunals or defending himself in court!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    What annoys me is Karens bitching sessions - When she had a rant about the guy getting input from his team before making a decision..

She has a bitch about someone most episodes, usually for doing what in a normal work environment would be a normal thing to do...

• jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 465
    edited October 2018
    LuttiS said:
    What annoys me is Karens bitching sessions - When she had a rant about the guy getting input from his team before making a decision..

She has a bitch about someone most episodes, usually for doing what in a normal work environment would be a normal thing to do...

Considering her day job is running West Ham United, she has little/no experience of what a normal work environment is. She talks such a big game about improving the status of the club, but delivers so little. The finances are in order, yet two and a half years after promising something as basic as WiFI at the London Stadium, it still isn't in place.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    Time for this I feel!

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    edited October 2018
    jpttaylor said:
    LuttiS said:

Considering her day job is running West Ham United, she has little/no experience of what a normal work environment is. She talks such a big game about improving the status of the club, but delivers so little. The finances are in order, yet two and a half years after promising something as basic as WiFI at the London Stadium, it still isn't in place.
    If she brings all the knowledge and experience she has from her time at BCFC she’ll be spending most her time in the players’ dressing room.*

*allegedly
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited October 2018

Just what is going on with Lord Sugar's eyelids? Remember when Sean Connery was (oh so convincingly) made up to look Japanese in You Only Live Twice? Well, he looks like that, but with red eyeshadow on too. Some Harley street joker has had a do at him I reckon.

And, Karen Brady's makeup - she looks scaryily colourful.

So far, the show has been pretty poor, no overly stupid people have appeared yet.

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4303
    Is shit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    lonestar said:
    I think they should pull the plug on the format tbh. I stopped watching it a few years back and even at that I’d only watch the challenge then put it off. 
    ...an interesting article in press recently  stated that it needs a significant makeover in format. Specifically that thy only get to live on the profit that they generate for that week... No profit = no food etc.

Also  for me - Whoop-whooping a measly win of ~£60 should get them the sack instantly too!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

That's a total fail in my book.
  •  Well it has been said that a very few businesses make a profit in their first year.  If that's the case £60 in one week is a win.  It just makes you wonder if they continued in that manner just how much skrilla they could make!  
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    LuttiS said:
    Thing is that's £60 between 6 people... That's working two days flat out for a tenner.. 

That's a total fail in my book.
    Yes the ‘tasks’ they set seem so far removed from the world of real business it’s laughable.

It’s school level stuff...

I made more money in GCSE business studies 25 years ago when I sold popcorn and fizzy drinks to the rest of the school!

Of course they’d fail miserably and it would make shit TV if they had to run around looking for a piece of land to be developed or had to actually make a business decision with real financial consequences.

I’ve never seen a full episode but I’d file it with every other piece of ‘reality’ TV that I’ve never been arsed to watch. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom