Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A star is Born

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm looking forward to watching this, mainly because of Lukas Nelson being in there. 
    As an aside my sons friend is playing Roger Taylor in the new film. Nice lad was a decent rugby player as well. 
    In the queen movie trailer they all seem to have to bands mannerisms down really well.  Did your friends son practice eating flake
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw this last night. Way better than I thought it would be. Really excellent concert scenes and both leads were convincing in their roles, especially Lady Gaga because the history of singers trying to act hasn't been very good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Watched it last night and really enjoyed it.  Some really good songs in it too.

A few tears were definitely shed in that cinema last night....I think it was particularly the last song that contributed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I'm looking forward to watching this, mainly because of Lukas Nelson being in there. 
    As an aside my sons friend is playing Roger Taylor in the new film. Nice lad was a decent rugby player as well. 
    In the queen movie trailer they all seem to have to bands mannerisms down really well.  Did your friends son practice eating flake
    Yeah that looked pretty good, the Elton John film, sadly not so much.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I’ve got the soundtrack and listened to it a couple of times now. I really like it. Bit of a Rumours era FM vibe to it. Admit that I’m a GaGa fan anyway.
    Good call...I'm sold if that the case.  Just checked and it's available on Spotify  =)

AlexC said:
    I’ve got the soundtrack and listened to it a couple of times now. I really like it. Bit of a Rumours era FM vibe to it. Admit that I’m a GaGa fan anyway.

• the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    edited October 2018
    Went to see A Star Is Born today. I was really impressed. Very much enjoyed it and I’m not ashamed to admit that I shed a tear or two at the end
  • the_jaffa said:
    Went to see A Star Is Born today. I was really impressed. Very much enjoyed it and I’m not ashamed to admit that she’s a tear or two at the end
    Good man! 
  • the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1796
    That should have said “I shed” rather than “she’s”. I’ve edited my post now
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wynd said:
    Dominic said:
    Barbera Streisand and Kris Kristofferson were great in the original.............why remake it

I'll just leave this here -

And I shall add this and then we are at Babs n Kris

• Saw it Sunday, thought it was very good, really enjoyed the whole thing. 
  • Wynd said:
    Dominic said:
    Barbera Streisand and Kris Kristofferson were great in the original.............why remake it

I'll just leave this here -

And I shall add this and then we are at Babs n Kris

We could definitely include this, as a cleverly written alternative remake too. 

There's nothing new in showbiz 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Seen it last night. I liked it very much - both Cooper and Gaga were very good.
  • Watched it last night...Gaga was good, but the wife and I both thought Bradley Cooper's performance was stunning. He's one of those actors who doesn't quite get enough recognition for his skills.

Gaga was brilliant in it too - I didn't for a second feel like I was watching someone pretend to be someone else, which is rare for musicians-turned-actors. I think the only other time that's happened in a first attempt was Eminem in 8 Mile, but then he was basically playing himself.

What did strike me is that when all of the Lady G weirdness, the makeup and production is stripped away, she's actually more remarkable. Wish she'd do it more often.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Watched it last night...Gaga was good, but the wife and I both thought Bradley Cooper's performance was stunning. He's one of those actors who doesn't quite get enough recognition for his skills.

Gaga was brilliant in it too - I didn't for a second feel like I was watching someone pretend to be someone else, which is rare for musicians-turned-actors. I think the only other time that's happened in a first attempt was Eminem in 8 Mile, but then he was basically playing himself.

What did strike me is that when all of the Lady G weirdness, the makeup and production is stripped away, she's actually more remarkable. Wish she'd do it more often.
    I agree totally its turned me into a fan
  • Agreed Lee,
    He was quite spectacular in Silver Linings Playbook too. 
    Re: Gaga- it felt like she was partially telling her story- didn't it? "You won't make it with nose like that" etc. That turn from writing meaningful songs to pop-dance tunes.