Q418C jonnyscaramanga Rat clone

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I just had a look at the schematic and D6 does indeed need to be jumpered for stock clipping.
    Just noticed- it looks like you haven't connected the jack sleeves to ground, just each other.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1240
    So... I've wired it in true bypass, a suspicion I confirmed by disconnecting the battery and producing no difference to the tone whatsoever! I presume I've just misunderstood the wiring of the jacks and this should be a quick lead swap.
    You might want to try connecting the jack shields into the circuit, not just to each other.
  • Thanks all. D1 was the wrong way round. Is mounted vertically so I didn't spot it. I was visiting a guitar tech for something else so I showed it to him and he found it. The lack of ground was making it bloody noisy but wasn't the reason the circuit didn't work.

I've now got to rewire it with the switch and DC jack, and I am yet again making a pig's ear of desoldering.
    My YouTube channel, Half Speed Solos: classic guitar solos demonstrated at half speed with scrolling tab and no waffle.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Desoldering never looks as bad the next day :-)
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Matt_McG said:
    @roberty ;'s doesn't have the diode jumpered top right. As @lasermonkey ; has already pointed out.
    My top switch position is set for no diodes so D6 is not jumpered. D2 and D3>D6 are wired in parallel and these to ground