New Carr Telstar

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    6L6 and EL84 output valves running together? probably a single ended amp, like a champ that has its own sound and will not be to everyone's taste.
    Demo videos are very hard to really get an idea what the amp sounds like but more importantly feels like, I didn't think that sounded bad through my computer speakers for what it is, they were going for a certain thing but didn't really show the dynamics of the amp that I am sure it does have when turned up properly.

for these low powered amps I always wonder....... would a tiny terror sound better? and at that price it should blow the TT out the water.

According to Carr it's a push pull. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 340
    Tried one today and thought it was awesome. I’ve had a rambler that was ok at best, a lazy j that was also ok...but this was incredibly touch responsive with a wide range of sounds from a simple layout.

try one up close if you get the chance
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3866
    monkey42 said:
    Tried one today and thought it was awesome. I’ve had a rambler that was ok at best, a lazy j that was also ok...but this was incredibly touch responsive with a wide range of sounds from a simple layout.

try one up close if you get the chance
    Wow. I didn't think the Telstar was even in the same league as a Lazy J when I tried one.