Nocturne Jr Barnyard?

JadedJaded Frets: 127
Has anyone tried one of these? 

Just wondering how dirty they can get with the pre-boost side on and how they might compare to something like a Les Lius. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve got one. It gets quite dirty with everything up full. Definitely has that octal tube/valco amp sound. I’ve never had a Les Lius to compare it to though. 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4225
    Got one on order. I love my little Valco amps but they’re not realistically giggable. Can’t wait to be able to get that sound any time any place! 
  • JadedJaded Frets: 127
    Thanks edenfield99 I’ve traveled through the demos on YouTube and none of them show it going full-tilt. 

Love the edge of breakup sound it seems to get but would want the pre-boost to be gainy enough for some Neil Young to warrant the price tag for me haha
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Tavo makes awesome pedals.  I need another Atomic Brain. 
  • The dirt I get probably involves some amp drive as well as it gives a fair volume boost to the front end when turned up.
     I’d say that as Neil Young plays a tweed amp it might not the pedal you want...it’s more the valco sound (Charlie Christian, Jr Barnard et al) rather than tweedy. 

• TheMarlin said:
    Tavo makes awesome pedals.  I need another Atomic Brain. 
    I want one as well but they work out a bit expensive with import duties and the pound at the moment. Maybe time to sell some effects! 
  • Jaded said:
    Thanks edenfield99 I’ve traveled through the demos on YouTube and none of them show it going full-tilt. 

Love the edge of breakup sound it seems to get but would want the pre-boost to be gainy enough for some Neil Young to warrant the price tag for me haha
    It will do that sound no worries.  Another pedal that does it is the Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop.  It is very tweed deluxe sounding.  I have both.  JrB feels better under the fingers for me.  It is the go to swing guitar pedal.  Barbershop is very saggy.  Easier to play with a hangover and the shakes.  lol.