NPD - Vibra Clone

57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
I was looking at the merits of the NuX Roctary for that Leslie thing and Gear4Music offer it at the best price, then I spied the new TC VibraClone and nabbed it off them for just £35 before they realised they been listing it at the wrong price?!? Postman dumped it in my hands earlier and it weighs a tonne!

Yet to bark it up...

https://d1aeri3ty3izns.cloudfront.net/media/32/322660/1200/preview.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Tempting, excellent price - seem to be £35 a few places. I'm interested in hearing what you think of it, really tempted to grab one myself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited October 2018
    OK - had a quick go cos was worried about the switch when I depressed it and turns out it is the NON-LATCHING type like Fender footwitces on the Deluxe Reverb etc.

Is a big footprint - not a micro pedal and has big non nonsense knobs that have a lovely damped, easy sweep on them!

Sound: Well you have a mishmash or early Chorus, Tremolo and Vibratone all mixed up here but dialable-out distinctly, by virtue of the 2 way selector and the knobs. So in that respect are an awful lot of modulation effects that sound totally retro analogue. I got it for it for the BADGE effect or that mid 70s everywhere use of the Leslie aka Killing of Georgie by Rod Stewart.

Is no RAMP for the Leslie but, £35...

You will loose some definition in your tone in using the effects by the nature of the effect type itself, but I know there are a million-and-one unforseen 'happy accidents' to be found by linking this up with other FX  - flanger/phaser extra delay etc and of course Fuzz and distortion.

You won't use this every day but will be glad it is in the rack for when that specific sound is required or you need to sound like Top of the Pops 1975.

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>