Ishibashi NPD - MXR & Arc

stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
edited October 2018 in FX
Following in the footsteps of ThosePedalShow chaps, i found myself in Ishibashi Shibuya yeaterday. I may not have left empty handed... D 

One very recent, one really properly old.

Answers on the back of the glorious 1973 ‘54-style LP Custom... (please?!)

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DC-2W and a vintage MXR Phase 90
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    DC-2W and a vintage MXR Phase 90
    Not far off on one of those. Nothing Boss, though they did have a spanky looking all-original CE-1 which was a little bit tempting.
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    edited October 2018
    Dyna Comp? Envelope Filter?
    JezWynd said:
    Dyna Comp? Envelope Filter?
    Still no, but on the right brand. All will be revealed in about 10 days when I get home and undo this fantastic bit of elaborate bubble wrapping :)
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Are you in Japan now? I got back two weeks ago. Instantly my favourite place on earth (as I expected it would be)
    gusman2x said:
    Are you in Japan now? I got back two weeks ago. Instantly my favourite place on earth (as I expected it would be)
    You, currently writing from Himeji. Japan is an  absolutely brilliant place.

We’re picking up an MX-5 tomorrow for some fun on mountain roads :) 

Not sure I’ll have any more time for guitar shops but hoping to get some sort of Gundam for my desk :D 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 921
    Brought home loads of toys. My (largeish) Gunpla will have to wait until the Christmas holidays I think. Also managed to hit up Echigoya Music and Five G Music for some SERIOUS vinage synth action.

I was only in Tokyo  for 6 days (2.5 days working in Tokyo, and Tochigi, rest free time). I could not love a place more I don't think. Working (yes really), and the food was the real highlights for me. Enjoy the mountain touge in your mx-5!
    Home! Unwrapped!

The Arc Klone is bone stock and completely mint, and the Distortion+, ahem, isn't!

Based a demo with a Strat into a shop-floor HRD, the klone doesn't have the raspy top end that my Ryra does, which makes it perfect, I hope. Need to plug into my own amp, which I will do shortly, but I'm hopefully. If even this does the raspy thing I may be looking for a new more Fendery amp, but we'll see.

The MXR is an early one, without LED, but a previous owner very helpfully added a DC jack, and frankly, it's a bit fucked lookoing, so I'll mod for an LED in time as well. Sound-wise it's brilliant. Google tells me it's the "Randy Rhoads ando/or Husker Du pedal", but more importantly it does a mean Springsteen-in-'78, and was also the main dirt Thom Yorke used on In Rainbows. I like it a huge amount, and now fancy building a fuzzdog variant so I can play with the circuit a little.

Very happy! :)

• Nice. The Dist+ sounds so damn good. I actually love it with the gain right down low.

If you're looking for fun variants on the circuit check out the EQD Grey Channel. 
    edited October 2018
    Noted re the EQD. I'm fairly keen to try 2 together, as that's apparently what Springsteen was using for a completely beastly solo tone. I'm surprised how much I don't miss the tone knob. I guess this is one place where my standard approach of setting everything quite trebly then rolling it off at the guitar helps, as I can already add back any extra top end if I need it.

I'm surprised it's such an overlooked pedal.