The Liverpool Guitar Show

Who else went?

A smaller scale event than the Aintree one but was a pretty fun way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday morning. Great demo's on the Line6 and Boss stands with opportunities to try the kit out with amps or headphones. For a small event, basically a sponsored one by Sound Affects, it was very well represented.

Finally got to try a DGT, which is everything everyone says about them, albeit briefly as my nickel allergy always gets in the way at these events! The Helix range on show and Boss GT-1000 really blew me away, modelling has come on so far since I last tried any.

Stars of the show though for me were the guy on the Ernie Ball stand who sorted me out a set of Elixir Optiweb strings for free as I couldn't try any of the EB guitars due to said allergy! And also our own @ThorpyFX, absolutely lovely fellah, took time out from the "trade" bit of the show to have a chinwag with me and @Alnico about stuff. All of his pedals sounded awesome when peeps were demoing them - and buying them!
littlegreenman < My tunes here...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• trolleytrolley Frets: 89
    I went with my son. Stayed for the duration in case we won anything - which we didn't. The only downsides were the lack of parking, partly due to the crap parking by others, and the food - no simple sarnies & slooow service. But that aside it was really good.
    I look forward to next year's show :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom