eBay Content: How Much?!?!?!

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• that's the going rate.
    cant see the problem.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    Almost ten times what it cost when it was new.

Meanwhile, in a link at the bottom of that item listing, there was this rather more realistically priced example. There was also this Cimar.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    does make you wonder doesn't it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - I certainly don't get such pricing
  • They were well made guitars but not that good. A few years ago I could and did pick up Japanese built guitars of this sort for between £15-£60 at car boot sales. You can’t blame people for trying to get stupid money for them but in my opinion they’re not worth a great deal of money.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3491
    The problem is other people see this and all of a sudden that's how much they are worth, then the hype builds up, I've seen Japanese LPs selling for more than their Gibson counterparts.As good as people say they are if I had the cash I'd still rather drop it on a Gibson.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • clarkefanclarkefan Frets: 808
    What do the two switches do? I'm imagining one is single/double coil, maybe the other is series/parallel?
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Damn. It's a lead guitar. I was looking for a rhythm one. :( 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14447
    edited October 2018
    clarkefan said:
    What do the two switches do? 
    On a Fender Lead I, the switch closer to the neck is a neck/both/bridge coil selector.

The second switch is a series/parallel coil interconnection mode switch. It only operates when both coils are selected.

Up close, the genuine Fender Lead I pickup looks very like two single coils, shoved up next to each other, rather than a conventional Gibson-style humbucker.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    Unless it’s a trick of the light, the bottom strings on that VH guitar look a mile off the neck. It’ll need some major fettling to get a decent action. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11306
    If you don't ask, you don't get. Unfortunately, if you do ask, and it's a stupid ask, people tend to think you may be a either wildly optimistic or just plain nuts.