Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender: girls that are driving sales

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734
    edited October 2018

Fender have been deliberating targeting females as they have realized that it was the only way they could expand their market, ie by not ignoring 50% of the population.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10414
    Danny1969 said:
    The most gifted guitarist I was ever in a band with was a girl called Jess Lewis, she was gig'ing a Fender Tel despite being sent some Ibanez jazzy things to try out. She's an awesome bass player as well. Locally here we have loads of great female muso's
    I took this video of Jess busking in Horsham. I sat mesmerised for about an hour watching her. She must have thought I was a very weird stalker or something...

Clearly ridiculously talented.

She's killing it locally on bass at the moment in a funk band, superb bass player. Her other half Jeff is a great drummer and a nice bloke. I enjoyed working with them when I dep'ed for a year in a Rockabilly band. Sometimes you meet the best musicians out of sheer chance. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:
    The most gifted guitarist I was ever in a band with was a girl called Jess Lewis, she was gig'ing a Fender Tel despite being sent some Ibanez jazzy things to try out. She's an awesome bass player as well. Locally here we have loads of great female muso's
    I took this video of Jess busking in Horsham. I sat mesmerised for about an hour watching her. She must have thought I was a very weird stalker or something...

She's killing it locally on bass at the moment in a funk band, superb bass player. Her other half Jeff is a great drummer and a nice bloke. I enjoyed working with them when I dep'ed for a year in a Rockabilly band. Sometimes you meet the best musicians out of sheer chance. 
    Just think how rhythmically locked in their bedroom antics must be
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

Aaaannd this is why 100% of guitar forumites are still male despite only half of guitarists being same... sigh. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

Aaaannd this is why 100% of guitar forumites are still male despite only half of guitarists being same... sigh. 
    Your assumption that only males like sex jokes is wildly outdated.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

“Joke”. Ok. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

“Joke”. Ok. 
    Wow you actually think that could have been anything other than a joke?

Well what exactly do you think it was then?
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

“Joke”. Ok. 

A creepy comment the likes I’d overhear at my dodgy local. 

“It’s just a joke, love!”

Always “just a joke...”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Whitecat said:
    thegummy said:
    Danny1969 said:
    Danny1969 said:

“Joke”. Ok. 

A creepy comment the likes I’d overhear at my dodgy local. 

“It’s just a joke, love!”

Always “just a joke...”
    Creepy comment? So like I was somehow getting some kind of gratification from it?

Seriously, what an absurd reaction. The idea that females in general would be somehow offended by that makes me wonder what planet you're living on.
    edited October 2018
    Ok, so put yourself into the shoes of one of the many aforementioned teenage female guitar students who are doing research across the web and trying to figure out what their next guitar or pedal or amp is going to be. 

As a 15 year old girl, what would you make of an offhand comment like that when trying to decide whether to join a community or not?

Just wondering. 
    Whitecat said:
    Ok, so put yourself into the shoes of one of the many aforementioned teenage female guitar students who are doing research across the web and trying to figure out what their next guitar or pedal or amp is going to be. 

As a 15 year old girl, what would you make of an offhand comment like that when trying to decide whether to join a community or not?

Just wondering. 
    As a non-sexist I only have to imagine the 15 year old me, I don't have to imagine I'm a different gender.

So I'd probably see the joke, give it the Christmas cracker groan it deserves then either read the rest of the thread (let's assume this uncalled for confrontation wasn't part of it) then go back and find a thread about guitars or pedals or whatever I was researching.

One of the good things about forums is the variety of people who can all talk together and you may well be over 50 or from a conservative background, I would have no idea. But trust me that in general, girls aren't any more sensitive to that kind of thing than boys, at least the under 40s whom I've spoken to at that level. Just look at the audience of a comedian who makes comments like that - it's definitely not all men by a long shot.
  • I've seen enough heresy to know where this is going.
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10285

I'll tell you what's a joke.

All those bloody quotes above  :#

Laugh, love, live, learn.