Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

1960 Les Paul ‘Burst’ Restoration

What's Hot
1789101113»

Comments

• If I won the lottery, I’d buy an original Burst and then pay someone over the odds to have it converted into a Custom. With a Floyd Rose. And then use it to blow up the internet.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    If I won the lottery, I’d buy an original Burst and then pay someone over the odds to have it converted into a Custom. With a Floyd Rose. And then use it to blow up the internet.
    Add the secret code word for crashing the Fretboard : RELIC
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If I won the lottery, I’d buy an original Burst and then pay someone over the odds to have it converted into a Custom. With a Floyd Rose. And then use it to blow up the internet.
    Add the secret code word for crashing the Fretboard : RELIC
    There would be a whole photo diary, with daily updates. And then I’d fly by helicopter to your place, Scott, where we’d throw Nazi war memorabilia - coins and medals and whatnot at the guitar for a bit of scratch and dent, all while live streaming the whole experience. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18758
    edited December 2019
    Nah, do it properly.  Go to the Isle of Jura in a small boathouse & set fire to it while recording the event   
  • Nah, do it properly.  Go to the Isle of Jura in a small boathouse & set fire to it while recording the event   
    And then put the ashes up for sale in the Classifieds 
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Sometimes people just wonder........what is under that paint?
    And then they have to know.

Look at this one! (55 Gold Top). No. Actually it was All Gold.
    This guitar was just put up for sale.....and then you blinked.....and it was gone.

• Skipped said:
    Sometimes people just wonder........what is under that paint?
    And then they have to know.

Look at this one! (55 Gold Top). No. Actually it was All Gold.
    This guitar was just put up for sale.....and then you blinked.....and it was gone.

Great example of what the vintage market is all about; beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Dave is an honest dealer, he doesn't do all the bollocks, so he's trusted, and that's why a 1955 Les Paul in that condition with that many changes and a broken headstock sold for that money as fast as it did.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom