Techs/Luthiers in or around Grimsby?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10274

Right,I've just set the action on the Custom and it has vastly improved how it plays.As it had quite low profile frets (a Custom quirk I believe) I had maybe set it a little too low.I raised it about one mm and it still feels comfortable to play.There is a little fret wear around the twelfth fret,not massive but still there so I still think I'll get it levelled,but with the frets being quite low I think it's best left to an expert.The guitar sounds so good it's worth spending the money.

Think a trip to Johns is on the cards @Musicman20 ;
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited October 2018
    Who is this Jon  that you speak of? Is he the chap at Alford who makes acoustics?
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10274

Yeah,he's the one @grungebob ;

He also does tech work,probably to bring in a bit of extra income,I'd guess.Only a small workshop but some quality guitars coming out of there.I took an Epi Tribute there when I dinged a fret and he sorted it brilliantly.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    Ah cool. I remember the mother in laws fella got an epic dot fettled by a guy in Alford (his words), and it played great afterwards. He’s not one to part with money easily and he was chuffed so hopefully he’s reasonable with his pricing?