SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD PRS McCarty £1195

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Twinfan said:
    No problem  :)  @richardhomer was spot on.

I don't see anything to indicate its a special run from Headline  - didn't they normally have this indicated on the rear of the headstock....
    Headline (the then UK distributor) commissioned a UK only run of ‘original spec’ McCartys in 2011 - with McCarty pick-ups, rather than 57/08s that were used on most later McCartys. They didn’t have anything on the back of the headstock, other than a normal serial number. Mark @guitars4you you hopefully confirm what I’ve said - and that this is one of them.
    This is spot on.

I owned one of these 2011 special builds for the UK and played a couple more all were great and quite light also.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 19791979 Frets: 87
    I’m very grateful for all the input from you guys, I suppose being a ‘casual ‘ player the exact specs  of particular production runs tend to get overlooked by me. Once again, thank you 
  • donnerdonner Frets: 48
    Too bad: I just returned back home to Munich, Germany from a 10 day vacation in GB. And have spent a whole lotta money, thus.
    What holds you back from loosening the strings a step or two, laying the guitar into its case and have a short walk to the next parcel2go-shop to be wrapped, boxed and expedited abroad, perhaps?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Collings said:
    Twinfan said:
    No problem  :)  @richardhomer was spot on.

I don't see anything to indicate its a special run from Headline  - didn't they normally have this indicated on the rear of the headstock....
    Headline (the then UK distributor) commissioned a UK only run of ‘original spec’ McCartys in 2011 - with McCarty pick-ups, rather than 57/08s that were used on most later McCartys. They didn’t have anything on the back of the headstock, other than a normal serial number. Mark @guitars4you you hopefully confirm what I’ve said - and that this is one of them.
    This is spot on.

I owned one of these 2011 special builds for the UK and played a couple more all were great and quite light also.
    just picked up on this - Yes Headline commissioned a run, but more a case of a special order on their part at a special price point - As against a run of say #1 of 100, with upgraded features - I recall the Mc had been discontinued at the time and Headline/PRS UK had the chance to buy the last remaining stock at a special price and a V12 finish

The run that @SimpleSimon talks about was a different run of McCarty models as per his comments with a nitro finish and 57/08's - More expensive model at the time

Either way £1195 is an excellent price for such a nice guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the heads up @guitars4you, I would definitely keep it if not for the neck size. Alas...
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Just found my original web site note for these when I sold them brand new in 2011 - No 10 top option - No bird inlay options - Simplistic - Sold them at £1799 inc case - I sold about 6 at the time - Looks like black and burst only colour options - they were commissioned to hit a price point 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you to all of you guys who weighed in with information and knowledge, I’m very grateful.
    Its just gone to a new home thanks to @mattacjones ;
  • great result!