Boxing might be removed from the Olympics!

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Pro boxing isn't run as a sport - it's just show business. There's no one body governing it, no single route to being a world champion.

So as a sport I'd say the Olympics is the top for boxing.

And I agree with those that say sports shouldn't be in the Olympics if there are more prestigious competitions. There's no reason for football to be taking up Olympic air time. The olympics is the only time we'll usually get to see things like Archery and the like. Basketball, golf, tennis all should be gone. But boxing - which is a sport I really don't like - should stay. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11304
    Listening to Bunce and Costello's boxing programme last night it seems that boxing is to be excluded because it's being run in the manner of a despotic banana republic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    scrumhalf said:
    Listening to Bunce and Costello's boxing programme last night it seems that boxing is to be excluded because it's being run in the manner of a despotic banana republic.
    Cheers for the reminder, will try and download the podcast.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72369
    scrumhalf said:

it seems that boxing is to be excluded because it's being run in the manner of a despotic banana republic.
    Well, if irony was an Olympic sport...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom