Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    ...like a monkey with the miniature cymbals.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    Or you could just buy 65 of these at this price and practise getting the relicing spot on ;-)

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/px180408325725001--fender-artist-strat-stevie-ray-vaughan-3-colour-sunburst-pre

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    Second hand though!  How much were they new?! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14303
    tFB Trader
    MtB said:
    Second hand though!  How much were they new?! 
    about 10K - only a handful hit the UK via official channels - I tried to buy them all at the time but they would only allocate 1 per outlet
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460
    I'm sure there is some haggle room in the GAK price though.  I remember when they came out.  Should have taken out a big loan and bought one!
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Even if I forked out 65 grand for that guitar, I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to peel that custom sticker off.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11460
    If I had that kind of money to spend on a guitar, then I would be looking at something old.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    crunchman said:
    If I had that kind of money to spend on a guitar, then I would be looking at something old.
    I’d be looking for one with paint on it!
    Previously known as stevebrum
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • If I had that sort of money for a guitar, I'd be buying a nice Charvel or something, and a new car :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    If I had that sort of money I would not spend it on a guitar

I was talking with a couple of FM guys yesterday at the Manchester Guitar Show about a 20K guitar - I'd rather buy 4/5 very nice guitars at 4/5K each then 20K on one - An exceptionally nice 335, Collings 12 fret parlour acoustic, a MB Tele an early 60's 330 so if funds left for a PRS ME or R9 then that would be fine

So on that basis 65K would certainly give me funds for a few more vintage pieces on top of the above most with P90's - therefore a ES125T  a 60's SG Special - a 59 LP DC Special

In short 5 nice guitars over 1 very expensive guitar every time for me
  • hoopshoops Frets: 227
    Have I missed something? Why is the serial no JC157 if they only made 100?
    tFB Trader
    hoops said:
    Have I missed something? Why is the serial no JC157 if they only made 100?
    valid question - I know JC runs his own serial number sequence so I'm guessing it is part of his sequence as against 1 of a 100 of the SRV run
  • Loved his playing but never liked the look of his sunburst Stratocaster. Odd really because I really like the look of Rory’s Strat which looks even more Dilapidated. 
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    Anyone who pays anything like that for it needs carting away by the men in white coats. Cruz couldn’t even get the initials on the guard right. They should be glittery stickers, and in a different font! 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    How anyone can spend that amount of money on a guitar is honestly beyond me. 
  • I pity the fool who chucks that kind of money at a guitar, especially that one. They’ll be a hell of a lot of dust on it before it sells, that’s for sure  B)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I pity the fool who chucks that kind of money at a guitar, especially that one. They’ll be a hell of a lot of dust on it before it sells, that’s for sure  B)
    https://youtu.be/Nv7qh_XL_yM
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2388
    Anyone who pays anything like that for it needs carting away by the men in white coats. Cruz couldn’t even get the initials on the guard right. They should be glittery stickers, and in a different font! 
    Don't give up your day job...

https://www.billboard.com/files/styles/article_main_image/public/media/stevie-ray-vaughan-jimmy-vaughan-billboard-650.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2388
    Gary W at Guitar Avenue has one for £35k if anyone wants one! ;) 
  • is there a cheaper squier one for about £20,000 i might be interested :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom