Guitar art

What's Hot
beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
Was having a flick through items on eBay when I spotted this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vtg-1970s-Ryoji-Matsuoka-Luthier-M20-Classical-Acoustic-Mosaic-Glass-Guitar/113271822795?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The guitars themselves highly regarded and at first I thought what a waste. But it's pretty spectacular given the time and effort that has gone in it; and because it's so different, I'd consider having it on my wall. I particularly like the back.

What's the verdict?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5114
    Now that is different. Note its as heavy as a 70s les paul :o
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28339
    Hideous. Way over the top. I like it not and I wouldn't want it in my house. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Horrifying. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Horrible! Somebody put a lot of work into making that but it’s not for me. I live in Teignmouth which is only a few miles from Torquay and a local artist does this sort of thing to guitars, wonder if it’s one of hers.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Horrible! Somebody put a lot of work into making that but it’s not for me. I live in Teignmouth which is only a few miles from Torquay and a local artist does this sort of thing to guitars, wonder if it’s one of hers.

If her name's Ryoji Matsouka then it's probably a safe bet.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    Lol just me then. I should say that I’d never pay £795 for it though. Also, I take back my earlier comment – it is a waste of a good guitar. It might as well have been done on a cheap piece of tat.