Gas. Sessionette MK2 Peavey Transtubes

Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 609
Playing with Reverb just as I have never really looked before. A Sessionette is on there that is identical to the one I had in the early 2000s. From being at Uni and then working on the rigs it never got a real workout and I am very tempted to get another to say the least......

A Peavey USA Express 112 as well........ Both look in good nick and fair pricewise though are abroad so would have to be shipped....... Am I an idiot or just accepting of the inherent risk? Obviously where I live second hand kit is rare and miles and miles away if it is advertised.

I like the idea of a proper SS amp and I did have a Peavey Envoy in the 90s that was decent if small...... I looked at the price of new Transtubes and wow...... and the Orange Crush series..... But then again the Award Sessions were always expensive new. And my Envoy was something along the lines of £120 or so in 1996...? SO maybe not so bad after all!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I have done the full circle and am back using my Session Rockette even *with* my tube amps as it adds and even out-performs the others for quality, go-to clean and rock tones.

Now that Stewart Ward is offering upgrades to the circuits again and there is a fashion to downsize amps/power, they are a great asset to have in your arsenal of firepower.
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The Transtubes are really excellent amps.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 609
    edited October 2018
    Not very sexy amps I know.

I like things that aren't trying to be other things. I have read a lot of your posts about amps and the pros and cons of solid state and valves with interest. I am not trying to make a 90s corner............. Honest.....!

I have to join Reverb then.... Hard to break in shipping? Asking for trouble there! MUch of the trouble is I never know what I want really.

Yep the local market is very slow with most things that look interesting 2-4 hours drive away and the shops I have visited never seem to have much in the way of used or interesting kit outside of one in Budapest but they deal in the really high end stuff only.