Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Is it bad...

What's Hot

Comments

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    Emp_Fab said:
    To be blunt, if you can't see that asking people to fund your home improvements is wrong, you're a ****.

I don't know about 'Go Fund Me'.....   My reaction is more 'Go F*** Yourself'.
    You've blown it now. There could have been a laminate flooring job for you.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SidNewtonSidNewton Frets: 660
    edited October 2018
    @Lestratcaster I'm going to start a Go Fund Me campaign to generate enough money to hire a JCB and raze you finished garage to the ground.
    Who's in?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This thread has got hilarious.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Emp_Fab said:
    To be blunt, if you can't see that asking people to fund your home improvements is wrong, you're a ****.

Yep, agreed.

"I want something but can't save up for it, so am looking for free handouts to help".

Poor show, fella. Poor show.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    People use go fund me for boob jobs (worthy cause of course) and all sorts. Alex Salmond used it to defend himself from sexual assault charges which may prove to be true.

The man only wants a garage sorted out so his pupils don't have to sit out in the rain!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Yep, agreed.

"I want something but can't save up for it, so am looking for free handouts to help".

Woah, let's please keep this lighthearted and be nice to each other.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12390
    FarleyUK said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Yep, agreed.

I can't believe its this comment that upset you and not the one before : )
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Handsome_ChrisHandsome_Chris Frets: 4779
    edited October 2018
    munckee said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Yep, agreed.

I can't believe its this comment that upset you and not the one before : )
    What's wrong with Emp calling someone a "lark" and telling them to "Go fund themselves"?  Although I don't know why he is so shy about displaying his words.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited October 2018
    FarleyUK said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Yep, agreed.

I have been saving up for it thank you, just haven't got the full price on EVERYTHING to be done at the moment. And it looks like being more than what I expected it to be.
  • FarleyUK said:
    Emp_Fab said:

Yep, agreed.

I have been saving up for it thank you, just haven't got the full price on EVERYTHING to be done at the moment. And it looks like being more than what I expected it to be.
    How about a mortgage or renegotiating you mortgage for the improvement?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11790
    DefaultM said:
    You'll end up getting some money out if it, but my personal opinion is that if you can't afford it then you don't get it.
    Best off sticking to asking my students then.
    Do they pay you already?
    Yes but I may ask for voluntary contributions as I haven’t raised fees with some for years. So rather than raise when it’s built and finished why not ask for an extra few quid per month til it’s built an open for service.
    Personally, I'd just raise the fees and be done with it.

I get that it feels more collaborative and so forth but ultimately it's the most honest and upfront way of getting what you want.

If asked why you can say "to raise funds for my new studio", then people will even have a good answer.

I think the thread is headed south and I don't get involved in that stuff, but that's my honest advice.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    edited October 2018
    DefaultM said:
    You'll end up getting some money out if it, but my personal opinion is that if you can't afford it then you don't get it.
    Best off sticking to asking my students then.
    Do they pay you already?
    Yes but I may ask for voluntary contributions as I haven’t raised fees with some for years. So rather than raise when it’s built and finished why not ask for an extra few quid per month til it’s built an open for service.
    Personally, I'd just raise the fees and be done with it.

I get that it feels more collaborative and so forth but ultimately it's the most honest and upfront way of getting what you want.

If asked why you can say "to raise funds for my new studio", then people will even have a good answer.

I think the thread is headed south and I don't get involved in that stuff, but that's my honest advice.
    Can see it being the most hassle free way and I can justify why I'm raising, so valid point.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15521
    so, you want random people to pay for your home improvements? Who do you think you are, some sort of MP? Next you'll be asking for us to fund a new duck house for you, or clean your moat!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28381
    I think if the outcome will be a better teaching environment, from which the students will benefit, then charging (realistically) more seems entirely reasonable.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • VimFuego said:
    so, you want random people to pay for your home improvements? Who do you think you are, some sort of MP? Next you'll be asking for us to fund a new duck house for you, or clean your moat!!!
    I have said many times it voluntary. There's no "want" here.
  • @Lestratcaster , do you ever wish that you had not started a thread?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15521
    VimFuego said:
    I have said many times it voluntary. There's no "want" here.
    relax fella, just taking the piss. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

No not really. I only read and reply to the posts I find relevant and helpful.
    As long as you're happy.  I wish you the best of luck with your garage conversion it sounds pretty cool.  @Clarky's done a similar thing which works out for him.
    As long as you're happy.  I wish you the best of luck with your garage conversion it sounds pretty cool.  @Clarky's done a similar thing which works out for him.
    It was only a thought and its become some kind of wrath session! But yes I will be keeping you updated on it in the studio and recording thread.