Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Catalinbread vs former employees

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I think Jeremy Kyle should get Howard on the show. The public have a right to know!
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 244
    Sporky said

There are plenty of people who enjoy an opportunity to up their blood pressure getting outraged over one side of a story that doesn't actually affect them. They'll win big on this one.
    I’d still pin all the blame on Mason!
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
  • Howard seems a pretty standup guy, who was always so passionate about Catalinbread and what they doing. What a sad way to develop. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28511
    PFAllen2 said:
    Sporky said

There are plenty of people who enjoy an opportunity to up their blood pressure getting outraged over one side of a story that doesn't actually affect them. They'll win big on this one.
    I’d still pin all the blame on Mason!
    Fine by me. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    DannyP said:
    Maybe the defendants could develop a new Roto pedal powered by Nicholas Harris spinning in his grave.
    This whole thing needs taking with a shovelful of salt; it's nonsense. I know three of the four defendants listed above, who've kept an amazingly dignified silence in the face of pure bullshit from the new crew at cbread. It's the family (Nic's mum etc) who are doing hideous, clueless things. You'll notice that a brand who would regularly release game-changing kit have done nowt for ages now.

Don't believe the hype, this is the last gasp of the fuckwits who've taken over cbread, and purely financial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    benecol said:
    DannyP said:
    Maybe the defendants could develop a new Roto pedal powered by Nicholas Harris spinning in his grave.
    This whole thing needs taking with a shovelful of salt; it's nonsense. I know three of the four defendants listed above, who've kept an amazingly dignified silence in the face of pure bullshit from the new crew at cbread. It's the family (Nic's mum etc) who are doing hideous, clueless things. You'll notice that a brand who would regularly release game-changing kit have done nowt for ages now.

Don't believe the hype, this is the last gasp of the fuckwits who've taken over cbread, and purely financial.
    They’ve released a new pedal this week, that’s a something. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Yes, and just like before, it's captured the hearts and minds of the pedal community.

</heavy sarcasm>
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    The cool kids will simply go elsewhere
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    benecol said:
    DannyP said:

This.

A lot of the guys got totally shafted by the new order at Cbread.
    Personally, id like to see these super-talented guys start something new and show the idiots how it’s done.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72494
    It all sounds a bit Janie Hendrix...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1681
    benecol said:
    DannyP said:

You seem to think I've taken sides with my comment. Read it again, it's entirely neutral.

Sick, inappropriate and too soon? Maybe. Partisan? No.
    Sorry, I wasn't having a pop at you, just quoted your post because it mentioned Nic. No slight or accusation of bias intended
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Such a fecking state.  It's a massive shame, like others, they were one of the first companies to get me into pedals (I found out about the teaser stallion before the FF when looking into Muse effects)

It's just a complete mess from the reading I did, I got bored after point 50 something....

(In the nicest nicest way) It is probably best Nic isn't here to witness this
  • I don't want to pass judgement on anyone in that story, and it sounds tragic for all involved. But I wonder why Harris' mother wouldn't want to just sell the company to the lead staff, or to make partners of them and stay on as a silent partner. Most likely they were her son's close friends and collaborators in making the company into what it was anyway.

I wonder why she wanted to try and actually run the company herself, as a job. My guess would be that she might have thought it was just running a business like any other business, and didn't realise that her son was part of the product itself, and with his passing, the other core staff are the only ones who could realistically fill that role for the customers.

Sounds like a real mess it has turned into now where everyone loses. And when tied up with the grief itself... feel bad for all of them, hope there's a resolution.