• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9698
    Rocker said:
    Voltarol cures most pains. Allegedly. 
    I'm not sure the volt in voltarol relates to electrical volts
    Watt?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24387
    Please....  not the electrical puns again.....  can everyone demonstrate a little resistance please ?
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    EricTheWeary said:

Yes, death by electrocution is a bit redundant as electrocution is a way of being killed. 
    Electrocution is not always fatal - it can refer to injury rather than death - so death by electrocution is correct.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    ICBM said:
    EricTheWeary said:

Yes, death by electrocution is a bit redundant as electrocution is a way of being killed. 
    Electrocution is not always fatal - it can refer to injury rather than death - so death by electrocution is correct.
    There was something about misused words on Radio4 the other day and electrocution was one of the examples and that it is a way to kill somebody and not another word for having received an electric shock. 
    Looking at some online examples there’s a bit of a mix ( your version is like the Wikipedia one) of definitions one way or the other.  Curiously the St John Ambulance page tells how you how to treat electrocution which is a bit of a waste of time if Radio4 was right! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Please....  not the electrical puns again.....  can everyone demonstrate a little resistance please ?
    I'll fetch my coat.

And go ohm
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4931
    Emp_Fab said:
    I'll fetch my coat.

And go ohm
    Yes - let's keep it current.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72486
    EricTheWeary said:

There was something about misused words on Radio4 the other day and electrocution was one of the examples and that it is a way to kill somebody and not another word for having received an electric shock. 
    Looking at some online examples there’s a bit of a mix ( your version is like the Wikipedia one) of definitions one way or the other.  Curiously the St John Ambulance page tells how you how to treat electrocution which is a bit of a waste of time if Radio4 was right! 
    I think it’s worse than just an ‘electric shock’, and involves injury or body function disturbance, but not necessarily death.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein