SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: PRS Tremonti Custom SE, Bulldog pickups - reduced

What's Hot
RevMattRevMatt Frets: 838
edited November 2018 in Guitars £
Now Sold

This is a PRS Tremonti Custom SE and in my opinion this is the closest you can get to the US Tremonti model without all the 0s added to the price tag! 

How come? 

Well, firstly because unlike its SE predecessors, the Tremonti Custom SE is the first non US version that really captures the features and design of the full spec US models. I'll detail the spec later on, but in summary you get the birds, the figured maple veneer (over solid maple top, the natural edge binding, the trem etc - all the things that stand out about the US model are here. 

Secondly, the colour - this is the colour I most often associate with Mark Tremonti. 

Thirdly, the upgraded pickups - this esample has had the pickups replaced with a set of handwound Tremonti pickups made here in the UK by Hayden of Bulldog pickups. The not only look the part with the chrome cover on the neck pickup but sound superb too. Check out the Bulldog pickups website. You won't find the Tremontis listed as they were a custom order. 

So, onto the spec (check out Andertons website for more details): 
Top Wood Maple 
Back Wood Mahogany 
Number of Frets 22 
Scale Length 25" 
Neck Wood Maple 
Fretboard Wood Rosewood 
Fretboard Inlays Birds 
Neck Shape Wide Thin 
Bridge PRS Designed Trem with Trem-Up Route 
Tuners PRS Designed Tuners 
Hardware Type Nickel 
Controls Volume and Tone Control for Each Pickup with 3-Way Toggle Pickup Selector On Upper Bout 
If your heart is set on a Tremonti but the budget won't stretch to a US model - this has to be the best alternative... 
As for price, given that these guitars retail for just shy of £800 and Bulldog pickups are around £150 a set, you'd be hard puched to find a better Tremonti for the money...

£499 £450 (collected from Nottingham)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments